cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Web Site (and others) showing accessibility options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

BBC Web Site (and others) showing accessibility options.

I'm using FireFox Quantum v61.0.2 on my Mac running OSX 10.13.6 but oddly this morning when I went to the BBC I see this:

BBC.png

Any thoughts on how I get rid of this?

12 REPLIES 12
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: BBC Web Site (and others) showing accessibility options.

I'd click try clicking on 'Homepage', then 'Skip to content' (then I'd probably be back on here asking for a better suggestion! :rolleyes:)

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Works as it should here. Using Chrome and Win7.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
jab1
Hero
Fixes: 22

@Anonymous - I've just been to the BBC News homepage (using FF 61.0.2 64bit) on my W7HP machine, and don't get that - the page renders perfect for me.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, but it renders fine on my son's PC too, so it is something local to me, what that is I don't know. Having said that I did spend yesterday using the Developer Console, I wonder if I've set something in there by mistake.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just tried again and I'm now getting this:

BBC2.png

jab1
Hero

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys, but it renders fine on my son's PC too, so it is something local to me, what that is I don't know. Having said that I did spend yesterday using the Developer Console, I wonder if I've set something in there by mistake.

I'm no expert, Moolk, but that could be a possibility. Is there a  reset option on your machine?

I know nothing about Macs, and have never played with the console on FF.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume @jab1 you're meaning a factory reset option? If so then that's not an option for me, the site is now back but as it was in my OP. I'm quite confused to be honest.

I was using the Console to test and debug my JavaScript MVVC on a site I am working on, but TBH I don't recall clicking or setting anything that would affect this.

jab1
Hero

Actually, @Anonymous, I was thinking more of a reset of Firefox, but as it is now back to normal, all's well.

Thinking about this problem, I seem to remember having seen it, or similar, in the past, but in my case, the whole of the page faile to render, just giving me similar to what you have at the top of your OP.

John
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 5

Only time I've seen anything similar (and still do) is on a particular web page when Adblock Plus is activated (Chrome, Win7.)

All the ads and pics are (presumably) stripped from the output which then 'collapses' into plain text links looking somewhat like yours (doesn't happen with other sites so must be something specific to that particular page.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayG - That's exactly what it was. :thumbsup: Maybe my debugging reset it yesterday, but at least I am a wiser man than I was this morning.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Maybe the BBC were up to something as the live news bookmarks weren't working the other day.

Fixes: 394

I've had this issue before using FireFox Quantum v61.0.2 on my Windows 10 64 bit machine.

Often holding down Shift and clicking the page refresh works for me.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 73.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.