BBC Look East are doing a survey

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: BBC Look East are doing a survey

Just sent them an e-mail pointing to this thread
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Let us know what they say please Pierre-Pierre.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Ellis
Grafter

My fastest was 6+ Mbps and the slowest was 0.424Mbps, seldom high average is around 2.5Mbps
nadger
Rising Star

One thing they did say, on show, that amused me was to say that you get a slower connection with copper than with fibre.
As we all know distance from exchange and cabinets is an important factor. My friend's daughter, who I referred, gets a higher speed on 21CN than I would using FTTC. Both on same exchange but she's a third of distance away.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

hows this on an e-mail about tonights look east
All this week we're looking at the state of broadband in the East and what we can do to get a decent service and we are asking viewers to help build a (admittedly not scientifically accurate) broadband picture with our speed map which is live on our local BBC websites. Test and register your speed here.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Pierre-Pierre how about " Scientifically" not very accurate full stop. According to our tests today.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sorry that was a copy and paste from the e-mail, it is a daily one I get from Look East, not a reply to my one
the first item look like another recent story as well
This afternoon detectives say they are closing in on an armed robber whose raid on a jewellery shop was foiled thanks to the intervention of a have-a-go hero.
In pictures captured at the scene, the raider is clearly seen brandishing a handgun. But that didn't prevent the, as yet, un-named passer-by from taking him on. Tonight we'll have the full story and the latest developments from Jozef Hall in Peterborough

Steve
Seasoned Pro

No I meant how about their test not being accurate at all Is what I meant to say Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this is the e-mail I sent them
I have no problem with you doing a survey, but the test you are promoting give terrible inaccurate low result and hence calls doubt on the survey.
This is a link to some tests we have been doing on my ISP in the last couple of days
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93721.0.html
pierre_pierre
Grafter

one of the people they interviewed was Gainsborough Silks in Sudbury - Suffolk, said his line wasnt fast enogh,  Just done a BT line check
Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 17Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps.

what do they want?
Pehaps they have a Business account with PN which doesnt support ADSL2+