cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Hypochrisy?

johpal
Grafter

BBC Hypochrisy?

The BBC is (at the time of writing) refusing to broadcast a charitable appeal for funds to help relief organisations supply help in Gaza. BBC News reports on the ban, showing some of the 'boycotted' footage, prominently displaying the telephone number of the appeal.  Shocked
7 REPLIES
barky
Grafter

Re: BBC Hypochrisy?

possibly unintentional method in the madness - not showing appeal is getting lots of coverage - maybe more than just showing it?
techguy
Grafter

I think the Beeb is in a bit of a no win situation here, if it broadcasts it and it contains more footage of Palestinian suffering than what has happened to the Israelis or vice versa (elements on both sides are equally to blame in my view and what has happened to civilians on both sides is equally horrific) there will be allegations of bias no matter what it does so it maybe a wise move on its part.
And by saying this I am not disagreeing with the aid effort or saying that people should not support it, the main thing is that help should get to those who need it most.
Community Veteran

another thread here points out the mucking about that was done with president obama's inaugural speech.  the beeb appears to be up to no good.
techguy
Grafter

Its all about ratings at the end of the day so broadcasters will do what they want.
Best way to keep informed is to get your news from a variety of sources and make up your own mind.
Its why I spent a lot of time on sites such as Thomson Reuters and other news agency sites as I treat what I hear from the Beeb and ITN with the healthy dose of salt it deserves.
Community Veteran

Quote from: techguy
get your news from a variety of sources and make up your own mind.

It's always interesting to switch between the BBC News and Al Jazeera web sites.  Cool
Community Veteran

thanks for posting that hpsauce.  that's an interesting site.
Community Veteran

Presumably you notice how they mirror the BBC design but with different logo/colours.