cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B&Q click & collect - or NOT

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

B&Q click & collect - or NOT

I needed a couple of plattens pattresses to fit in the wall. I thought I will just order them online and pick them up today from the local B&Q.
So got the order placed, email says collect after 12.
Went in @1:45, no order ready, no sign of it. After waiting 10 minutes they say the delivery hasn't been today  Angry Shocked WTF I was ordering store stock not a delivery part.
Since I had paid up front for them, I wasn't paying again, so will have to re-visit tomorrow when if they aren't ready I will be making loud noises of complaint.
Anybody had any issues with them before?
edit:correct spelling mistook.
21 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: B&Q click & collect - or NOT

What's a platten?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes, not internet ordering, but in our local B&Q I have had problems with such as tiles and laminate flooring. They don't have or don't want to have control on stocking. If they have six units on the shelf and you want eight you have to come back next day and hope they have some on their daily delivery.  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

A couple of weeks ago I went to B&Q to buy some Paraffin for my Aladdin heater, their website said they had it in stock at the Durham store, but in person, nope, not one single container of the stuff on the shelf, but their website still said it was in stock, I did ask a lackey if they had any "in the back" and nope, all they have is all that is on the shelf, which was nowt, and they'd have some the next day, but I wasn't going to be there the next day, so, when I went to The Yorkshire Trading Co., shop in the Milburngate shopping centre and hey presto, a shelf full of Paraffin, cost a little more but better than wasting more money returning to Block & Quayle the next day... Roll eyes
Seems they're acting as a loss-leader enterprise now, run out of stock of things and hope that people will stick around to buy other things (well, I did, got some 3-in-1 spray oil and some Holts Easystart, but I was aiming to get those anyway), that and selling cheap chinese tat at inflated prices in place of what used to be quality goods at decent prices, it's sad really... Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: vilefoxdemonofdoom
What's a platten?

I think OJ means "batten".....
a "Platen" is/was the hard round cylinder on a typewriter , or "feed roller"  ....
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/platen
Community Veteran

My local B&Q is always very busy.
So of course it's closing.
To be replaced by student flats.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I see B&Q stock control hasn't improved
@shutter - what is this - it weren't me wot sed it
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@O.J... ooops  Embarrassed  need to go to specsavers..... again...
was HB who posted orginially ! ! ...
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Not B&Q but John Lewis. I ordered Click And Collect from a local Waitrose. The promise was that the item would be available to collect by  a certain time. A couple of hours before that time I received a text message saying that the item was ready for collection. So I went to the shop about half an hour before the promised time but 90minutes after the text message. The item wasn't ready so I had to sit around and wait. If it was a ploy to get me to buy some groceries it failed.
Fixes: 104

used B&Q click and collect once with no issues.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

B&Q online service often features in the Which? mag for all the wrong reasons. As does their kitchen fitting service.
Let's be careful out there !
dnpark38
Rising Star

If you hate the Asda etc. self service checkouts stay away from B&Q.    In my local B&Q last week only one normal checkout now in operation but many self service checkouts have been installed.  It was seniors 10% off day so a very long queue at the one normal checkout.  there were several staff members stood around chatting to each other with noting to do who refused to come and staff the unstaffed normal checkout.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
Community Veteran

No if I had meant batten I would have said batten. However I meant pattress, not platten.
This is a plattress
It is a box you put your sockets into.
anniesboy
Grafter

When I was an electrician ( that was over fifty years ago)
A patress  was for surface mounting and plastic
http://www.screwfix.com/search?search=patress+box#_=p
A knockout box was metal for mounting on bare wall prior to plastering
http://www.screwfix.com/p/installation-boxes-galvanised-steel-2g-25mm-pack-of-10/53476?cm_sp=Search-...

There is also a plastic box for use on dry lined walls.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/appleby-2g-35mm-dry-lining-box/36960
Much easier to find at Screwfix if you have a branch near you.
Community Veteran

Screwfix is ~30 mile roundtrip, b&q is 5 mile roundtrip.
I know they are owned by the same group and the prices are lower at SF. but the mileage makes it a no no.