Avoid this if you have a headache.

pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: Avoid this if you have a headache.

scard for life  Angry
James
Grafter

I think it also depends on the speed of movement for people to see it changing directions.
clockley
Grafter

Really quite weird, but I can look and it will be going one way.  I close my eyes and concentrate on something else (ie, clock ticking) then look again and it has changed.  Also, looking at the shadow / leg and focussing on the bottom part sometimes works for me.
pdavidson
Grafter

For those that thought it was a trick of the animation (i.e. the animation is made to go one way and then the other), it isn't.
Two of us just looked at it together and saw different directions.
It's very clever Smiley
pcoventry76
Grafter

i'm learning spanish and after an intense session i loaded this up and she was spinning anti clockwise - i looked down at my toolbar to binrg up FF to write this and looked back and she is now spinning clockwise.
maybe i was using the left side of my brain for learning?
:::edit::: im not so sure about this..i just hit refresh twice and now shes going anit clockwise - yet i stare at it and it changes to clockwise, not been able to do it before.
im sure it's all to do with timing
having said that dont explain why i just had it turning each way every few seconds
Man this is weird..
Community Veteran

I think the point thats being missed, is that it isn't actualy spinning either way!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

If I scroll the page up so that I can only see the very bottom of the legs and concentrate on the shadow I can get her going anticlockwise, but as soon as my gaze drifts up she switches back to clockwise.
Now that really annoys me because the shadow of the raised leg will only be cast when it is further away so she is definitely turning anti-clockwise (I think!).
I wonder if men are more likely to see it predominantly clockwise and women more likely to be able to see it anti-clockwise. Someone like to add a poll with different options for men and women to answer?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pcoventry76
Grafter

Quote from: 7th_star
I think the point thats being missed, is that it isn't actualy spinning either way!

come again? eh  Huh
Community Veteran

It's a two dimensional shape that is shifting, which appears to be three dimensional because our brains try to interpret and make sense of what we see.
pcoventry76
Grafter

so its not really spinning?
weeeeeeeird!  Cool lol