cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aviva... old address from 30 years ago !!!

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Aviva... old address from 30 years ago !!!

Received a letter from Aviva, with whom I have a Pension Policy, informing me they have updated my address, having been sending correspondence to my old address, from 30 years ago !!

Though they only sent correspondence in the last 12 months, according to their records.

A policy that is tied to a previous company I worked for 30 years ago, and despite my informing them of various changes of address, they still had my old one as my address !!

The strange thing is, I have been in correspondence with Aviva for some years now about various financial matters, all sent correctly to my new addresses 

Aviva have taken over several of "my" Financial Institutions over the years.

It seems this Policy got lost in their system somehow, and was only chased when present home owners returned mail.

Despite my name, d.o.b. & N.I. number remaining unchanged

Over the phone they could not tell me why, nor what the policy actually was, and whether it had a surrender value...

So fingers crossed, it is worth something, perhaps not a lot.

On a slightly related matter, despite my telling them their calculations were wrong on another matter last year, they stuck to their calculations.

However, a few weeks ago I received a nice cheque from them, stating a review had taken place, and indeed they owed me money, backdated for quite a while !

I know Aviva have a bad press at times, but for myself, they seem to have come good, and I have ultimately not lost out.

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Aviva... old address from 30 years ago !!!

I don't have that problem as we haven't moved for 40 years lol.

But my investment management company were in the national papers recently because they lost contact with someone who had an investment bond with them. Without his input they had lost money on his investments and he finished up owing them which meant a big hole in his pension. Fortunately I get annual and interim reports from them. 

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Not surprising when you consider that company computerisation really took off in the 1980s. 

Nowhere near as bad, but we are still getting mail for previous owners of our house from ten years ago. Last time I heard they were still six feet under but hey, just love getting those free pens and stickers and cards from the Red Cross and, letters from credit card companies - one of whom even sent us a replacement. 

Strange but true. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Infinity
Pro

Infinity wrote:

Received a letter from Aviva, with whom I have a Pension Policy, informing me they have updated my address, having been sending correspondence to my old address, from 30 years ago !!

Though they only sent correspondence in the last 12 months, according to their records.

A policy that is tied to a previous company I worked for 30 years ago, and despite my informing them of various changes of address, they still had my old one as my address !!

Over the phone they could not tell me why, nor what the policy actually was, and whether it had a surrender value...

So fingers crossed, it is worth something, perhaps not a lot.

Got the vesting calculations today.....

The Pension Policy over 30 years has accrued quite a nice tidy sum !!!

Effectively doubling total Monthly Pensions & Tax Free Lump Sums, when due....

Once again, Thank You Aviva.

It pays to chase old, possibly mislaid Financial Products.....