cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denzil
Grafter

I thought it was about time I did one. What do you reckon? It is a small piece of a painting I bought at a very reasonable price from the artist via our favourite auction site. I would have included more, but it doesn't reproduce well at 80 x 80 pixels!
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Avatars

Umm! very dramatic.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

Well Denzil it is very dramatic and if you like it that's fine. Probably avatars say something about the person - take adiewoo's for instance, which shows how important his family is to him (it is a lovely one).
My previous avatar was one of my Cairn terriers and caused a great deal of mirth and comment - I am resting it for a while until I can come up with a different one.
You have given us something to think about - what does yours say about you?  Obviously very arty with a love of bright colourful things - an outgoing, bubbly personality perhaps? Sounds like I'm getting into amateur psychology so do say if I am wrong.  Undecided
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Nice one Denzil, but as you say, 80×80 is somewhat limiting. Perhaps we could campaign for 100×100? Or maybe SMF is limited to 80.
Anyway - I wonder if Petlew really is a wiley coyote.  Wink
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

@Denzil,
very distinctive and of course unique.
@4candles, I like your theme for yours, did you get all your avatars as a job lot?
Community Veteran

@4Candles:
Perhaps this one is another suitable avater, once resized Wink
yes... probably showing my age.. (although technically it predates me by a year) Smiley
B.
madjbright
Grafter

Fixes: 104

Quote from: poppy
... adiewoo's for instance, which shows how important his family is to him (it is a lovely one).

Very kind of you to say Poppy, thank you  Smiley
Bang on the money they are important to me, but also an easy one for the avatar. Plus you don't have to look at my ugly mug and I don't have to think of anything else to put there  Cheesy
I am missing mickey poppy though, when will she return?
Will Moderate For Thanks
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Santiago
@4candles, I like your theme for yours, did you get all your avatars as a job lot?

The first one was created with Paint Shop Pro 7, next two with my camera, and the current one was filched off the net for the season.
Quote from: Barry
Perhaps this one is another suitable avater, once resized Wink

Thanks Barry - that's saved. The second two I used were of that theme, but not very clear at 80×80. I predate the sketch by 27 years.  Sad
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

Four Candles is one of my all time favourites.
However it does not travel well. I got it on youtube to show a bunch of Americans. There was not a titter to be heard!
Denzil
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
Well Denzil it is very dramatic and if you like it that's fine. Probably avatars say something about the person - take adiewoo's for instance, which shows how important his family is to him (it is a lovely one).
My previous avatar was one of my Cairn terriers and caused a great deal of mirth and comment - I am resting it for a while until I can come up with a different one.
You have given us something to think about - what does yours say about you?  Obviously very arty with a love of bright colourful things - an outgoing, bubbly personality perhaps? Sounds like I'm getting into amateur psychology so do say if I am wrong.  Undecided

He, he, he. Arty? I like to think so, despite my science and engineering background. As for the rest - some way from the truth, I'm afraid! I prefer to think dark and complex with moments of bubbliness - rather like the painting Cool
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Oh alright then, poppy,  what does my avatar say about me?
  (apart from Yo Ho Ho, 16 men on a dead man`s chest) (and other piratical sayings!!!) Cheesy
N/A

Well, it's a good job nobody's employing me to psychoanalyse anyone!
In view of being totally off the mark with Denzil I had better shut up then!
Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: 4Candles
Anyway - I wonder if Petlew really is a wiley coyote.   Wink

Ah! thats for me to know, and you to guess at!!  But he couldn't make any worse job than the present incumbent...maybe better!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Well I haven't bothered with an avatar before, but a recent purchase seemed rather appropriate so I thought I would join in the fun.
I await the analysis Poppy Roll eyes
Cliff