Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention seeking or mentally ill ?

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Attention seeking or mentally ill ?

There appear to be a number of people, not sure if it’s in the hundreds or over a thousand who do not believe the corvid virus exists and there is some link with 5G phones.

Are most of these people simply seeking attention or are they suffering from some form of mental illness..ie: Delusions.

I interpret the word delusion as a false belief or impression that cannot be changed despite logical evidence to the contrary.

What do you think.....

Personally I think it’s a mixture of both including some gullible people attracted to such causes.

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 27

Re: Attention seeking or mentally ill ?

Agreed, it's a mixture of both. Reading reports from various sources leads me to believe that, in the case of Covid-19, thousands genuinely think it's a hoax, with a substantial proportion of those convinced it's caused or exacerbated by 5G. At least in those cases one can see why they might think that way, and similarly with anti-vaxxers.

Flat earthers and moon landing deniers are a different kettle of fish, though - either delusional, or more often simply attention seeking.

Ω is where the is
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

That being the case then we are in big trouble as according to recent research by Oxford University almost three fifths (59% per cent) of adults in England believe to some extent that the government is misleading the public about the cause of the virus and if that is valid, then so might be it's actual existence.

Not saying it is, just saying. 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Knowing the government and how honest they are (ha ha ha, raucous laugher), they'll actually believe these people as an excuse to raise taxes. Wait and see, but nothing suprises me with them anymore.

Highlighted
All Star

I reckon that they're just stupid, if you're stupid you don't know you're stupid because you're too stupid to know how stupid you are.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Careful now guys, if start using such words as mental, delusional or stupid as an aggregate term in a negative manner we'll be reported to the CPS by the PC plod Gestapo.

Highlighted
All Star

But that would be stupid!

Highlighted
Community Veteran

The problem is that British government (along with others) over the years has walked all over people and crushed them deliberately many times in favour of their own self serving interests. People who suffer because of this then naturally become distrusting of authority and can become paranoid that the state is deliberately trying to get them. Then they come up with more and more Draconian laws every other week..

Mix in a few films showing how the state can act against its own masses (eg hunger games, maze runner etc)..

Then something like Covid comes along at a time when 5G is also coming about and you have a recipe for disaster.

I've suffered a skin problem since using 4G for a long video call so there ARE health implications to EMR but there is no way it can remotely construct virus DNA (en masse across cast areas) strand by strand. If it could then dinner would hover in the microwave.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

What about the countries that now have 7G and 8G?  Didn't they have to go via 5G, and were they affected by a deadly virus?

There are people who choose to back/believe the wrong side despite the evidence, e.g. a Swedish teenager with numerous psychiatric diagnoses over climate scientists, David Icke and others over world-leading medical researchers etc.

According to Wikipedia David Icke stated during an anti-lockdown protest in Trafalgar Square on 29th August 2020 that, "Anyone with a half a brain cell on active duty can see coronavirus is nonsense".

So there you have it, only people with half a brain cell can see coronavirus is nonsense.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Boy oh boy, are we going to feel rather silly when it turns out the world reallly is run by alien reptiles in disguise. Michael Gove has always seemed rather suspect to me, and don't even get me started on John Redwood. 

Some things are so obvious.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Agreed, where do you draw the line?

Anything can be bad for you, a mobile phone and even if you don't use one you might have a mobile phone mast near you (I do). Exhuast fumes from a car, or elsewhere, diabetic, epilepsy (don't get me started on that one, I know a song about that). Alcohol, cigarettes (I like a beer, but I don't smoke). Allergies, especially food ones and I feel sorry for people who have a nut one.

I had an allergic reaction once. No idea why, and I didn't feel ill. My face swelled like a balloon but I felt fine. I didn't look it, trust me. Even worse than I usually do (if that's possible). When to the local chemist and got some antihistamine.

Sorry back on topic, yes I agree The Sun's circulation must be doing well at the moment, if people think it is nonsense. Maybe even The Star now? I give up with some people.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

If David Icke and all the others who deny the virus exists....no problem...let them help out on those wards where Patients on wards where Covid-19 are being treated, no need for them to wear masks as it doesn’t exist....

and if they get it, no need to treat them as they cannot be suffering from something that does not exist....

Highlighted
Community Veteran

I wonder if that red double decker bus is still on the moon....

Reported years ago by either the Star or Sun I forget which.....on the front page as well

😁

Highlighted
Community Veteran

I agree.

I am not usually a voilent person, but I have lost parents to Heart Attacks and Lymphoma, so if someone told me they don't exist is either going to get a massive piece of my mind (if I am in a good mood) or my fist (if I am not, as per).

At least I am good at moaning 😐

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Jonpe wrote:

What about the countries that now have 7G and 8G?  Didn't they have to go via 5G, and were they affected by a deadly virus?

7/8G doesn't exist yet - at least not as a commercial offering. Militaries probably do have it but that's completely different and that tech isn't developed for civilian use.

The chinese are however already busily working on 6G.

screenshot-1109

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!