cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Dear Fund Owner

Steve
Pro

Attention Dear Fund Owner

Got a scam email today. Always fun to share.

Attention Dear Fund Owner,

It's my pleasure to inform you that United Nations has approved to compensate you with sum of US$5.500.000,00 usd and agreed to pay you via Equity Bank of Kenya which I have handed over to U.S. Embassy in Kenya based on Mr.Donald Trump the America president`s instruction to the united nations two days ago, Meanwhile kindly contact The U.S. Ambassador to Kenya for your claim,  Mr.Scam Artist  he's in position to complete this project.

You are required to provide the following details.

1: Your Full name.....
2: Country...............
3: Your Full Address......
4: Direct Phone Number......
5: Your Sex & Age
6: Occupation....

NOTE: This payment includes Scam Victims and international businesses that has failed due to government problems etc, and please take note that any other contact you made out of the Ambassadors awareness is at your own risk.

Yours magnificently

Mr Scam Artist

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Attention Dear Fund Owner

I can never understand why these scam artists do not put more effort in making sure these letters are written in correct English.

I like looking at some of the more sophisticated scams and working out the angle, some are not always that obvious but the intention is always the same.

Steve
Pro

At least they are up to speed with the current President.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

gleneagles wrote:

I can never understand why these scam artists do not put more effort in making sure these letters are written in correct English.

It's done intentionally, we will pick up on them because they have poor grammar, spelling and syntax, but, people of lesser intelligence might not and might think it's genuine, and it's those people they go after...

Fixes: 121

@twocvbloke That doesn't make sense to me. Surely the proper use of English will, possibly, 'capture' more unsuspecting individuals?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

The reason it doesn't make sense is because they're preying on the stupid (who don't see sense) and greedy (who also don't see sense), where they're most likely to get a bite from the bait, if it was properly written and they caught intelligent people out, but the intelligent people cottoned on before the scammer got the money, then they'd have wasted their time...

That and intelligent people would probably forward the info on to the police for them to send in the rozzers...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@twocvbloke

Might be true in some cases but plenty of intellegent people have been caught up in scams, equally some elderly people can be more vulnerable to scams than younger people.

I don't recall who posted a link to the scambusters web site but it seems even the scammers can be scammed which shows many are not that bright.

Community Veteran

Given the prevalence of these sorts of scams and the often mentioned in the media reports on them, I'd question the level of intelligence of the people caught out by them...

Community Veteran

If anyone is interested, this is a good site:
http://www.scamorama.com

My favourite character is Lonslo Tossov Cheesy

Steve
Pro

You are required to provide the following details.

1: Your Full name..... Buck Rogers
2: Country............... Region1 ( Mars )
3: Your Full Address......station619345777.D
4: Direct Phone Number......54321
5: Your Sex & Age....Man by day women by night/  of 400 light years
6: Occupation....Timekeeping