cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attack in France, Tunisia and Kuwait

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

Re: Attack in France, Tunisia and Kuwait

This *could* be ISIS really thumping their chest since they are or were being defeated by the Kurds recently. Scum of the earth. Now they have their own currency and weapons etc. What a farce!! Condolences to all who lost their lives to these scumbags.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: rongtw
Every country is aware that terrorists are entering country's on a pretense of being a asylum seeker its been all over news for ages Andy H

This is news to me (and I read a lot). Do you have any specific articles you can link to?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

That has been mentioned on the news several times which is why I mentioned it in the first place.
Highlighted
Fixes: 440

I must say I agree. The current refugee crisis has to be a gift for ISIS wishing to infiltrate Europe.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I am interested in the link between the illegal immigrants living in Calais and terrorism.  There have been quite a few terrorist attacks and incidents in France over the last few years. As far as I'm aware, they've all been home grown terrorists.
ISIS have displaced hundreds of thousands of people. Large numbers of them have ended up on European soil. I doubt they would be inclined to join ISIS if they've fled them in the first place.
I would be much more fearful of a young British Muslim that was obsessed with ISIS propaganda or paraphernalia than I would some illegal immigrant living in Calais.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
We have to wonder how long it will be before an attack is made here in the UK.

It's been reported in The Sun this morning that they uncovered a plot to bomb a parade to celebrate Army Forces Day.
Plot Uncovered
The government has stated that people should not change their plans if they wish to visit any of today's parades being held around the country but to be extra vigilant.
Highlighted
Rising Star

BBC site saying most of dead in Sousse were Brits
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33297440
41 years since we went to Sousse for long weekend on Thomson promo - how times change  Cry
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: AndyH
I am interested in the link between the illegal immigrants living in Calais and terrorism.  There have been quite a few terrorist attacks and incidents in France over the last few years. As far as I'm aware, they've all been home grown terrorists.

AndyH, I don't think there is a link. I agree with you that most of the attacks in Europe have been from home grown terrorists who have been indoctrinated within their own communities. 
Highlighted
Community Veteran

BBC reporting that the number of British people killed in Tunisia will rise to at least 30  Cry
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yes I heard that earlier this evening.
Identification seems to be taking a while. Many of those injured or killed didn't have any ID on them but surely the authorities will know how many have been hositalised and how many have been killed. The injured have been sent to one of three medical facilities. The tour companies and hotels would surely have a list of all guests.
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Andy H
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/isis-plans-to-use-immigrant-boats-from-libya-to-cause...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/isis-fighters-hiding-on-migrant-boats-coming-to-europ...
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/05/17/isis-smuggling-fighters-into-europe-posing-as-refugees/
http://rt.com/news/193400-isis-militants-pose-refugees/

and the last link is 2014 !!!!!
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Highlighted
Community Veteran

But it doesn't say they are seeking asylum in the UK.
In the BBC article (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32770390), is says experts have cautioned that it is very difficult to verify or assess such claims. I cannot recall reading any articles about terrorist incidents being committed in Europe by illegal immigrants.
The UK border police seem to have finally got their act together on proactively checking flights to Turkey etc. 6 months ago, I never saw any border police. Now, they are stopping and checking people whenever there is a flight to Turkey.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Of course it is difficult to verify such claims as ISIS don't make announcements of their plans.
As for illegal immigrant terrorists.
When any criminal is caught it's rarely ever said what their colour is never mind whether they are illegal or not.
General reporting is often so politically correct it fails to give out facts especially ones that make the government look weak and ineffectual.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

As much as it pains me, I support AndyH's line. It is not useful to conflate two different issues. Illegal immigrants need to be properly deterred while providing temporary assistance to genuine asylum seekers. Good border security and intelligence is needed to prevent sedition and terrorist activity affecting UK citizens. A great improvement can be easily reached by properly checking vehicles, boats, trains and planes entering and leaving this country. It needs appropriate manpower to do the job.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

well if you want to Deter illegal immigrants First you need to stop the social handouts what they get while they are here , as this is the main reason they arrive.
as to border security The UK is a bit poooh ok the caught 350 last week but how many more manage to get in !
If there is no incentive to come here soon they will go elsewhere rather than this overcrowded island
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .