cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attack in France, Tunisia and Kuwait

Community Veteran

Attack in France, Tunisia and Kuwait

After the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris in January today there has been a further attack in France.
Attack in France
One person is known to have died.
35 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Attack in France

Isn't this a possibly inevitable side effect of Frances decision to allow illegal immigrants virtual free reign like in Calais.
Community Veteran

I don't think it has anything to do with the illegal immigrants. Those aren't radical individuals - they are people who are trying to come to the UK for work and a better life. Some of them will have fled the likes of Syria and Iraq from ISIS.
France has a large Muslim population; a lot of French citizens are descendants of people from North Africa (we refer to them as maghrébins). There is a very real and serious issues with the radicalisation of young French men and women who are of North African descent. You'll see quite a lot of ISIS propaganda videos now in French, targeting those young Muslims.
Community Veteran

It has just been announced that an attack has occurred in Tunisia killing 27 people.
Tunisia
A further 4 people have been killed in a suicide bombing in Kuwait
Kuwait
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Attack in France, Tunisia and Kuwait

Unfortunately thats how a lot of isis radicals arrive in countries , pretend to be asylum seekers 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

I don't think that's true at all.
ISIS radicals want to join the caliphate, not leave it.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@AndyH did the UK not let back in 350 of them or was it 250? They are here.
Community Veteran

But they were/are UK citizens, not asylum seekers.
If you're an ISIS radical, why would you alert yourself to the UK authorities by claiming asylum? That wouldn't make any sense.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

But they gave up their right to be British by going over there.
Community Veteran

We have to wonder how long it will be before an attack is made here in the UK.
There is a COBR meeting taking place at present to assess the situation and decide on a course of action.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Every country is aware that terrorists are entering country's on a pretense of being a asylum seeker its been all over news for ages Andy H
And if you read the News ISIS said it urged its people to cause havock to non belivers during holy month of Ramadan ,, as it started NOW!!!!!!!!!!! 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

And it's Friday! When I was an Expat in Pakistan, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia the standard advice was to stay away from public assemblies and mosques on a Friday. The favourite day for trouble.  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Quote from: AndyH
I don't think it has anything to do with the illegal immigrants. Those aren't radical individuals - they are people who are trying to come to the UK for work and a better life.

Dream on. They are coming for benefits, free houses, free healthcare and the terrorists will be sending in their people in with the benefit scroungers.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The only way these people can be stopped is by being even more ruthless than they are, clearly this is not going to happen as we don't operate that way.
If we had left Saddam and Gadaffi alone they would have kept a lid on things by our actions we have ended up killing far more people, many of them innocent and helped to recruit those who support or go to fight for Isis.
Sadly this will not be the last incident.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Oddball
Quote from: AndyH
I don't think it has anything to do with the illegal immigrants. Those aren't radical individuals - they are people who are trying to come to the UK for work and a better life.

Dream on. They are coming for benefits, free houses, free healthcare and the terrorists will be sending in their people in with the benefit scroungers.

Yes but that's not their fault, if we are making such generous offers then of course they will come, if someone was giving away loads of legal cash at the end of your road you would go and get some.