cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atos ending government contract early.

Devonian
Grafter

Atos ending government contract early.

Maybe people like my housebound mother who was found fit for work, will finally get to be reassessed and correctly found to be unfit for work.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26287199
15 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Atos ending government contract early.

"Atos seeks early exit from fit-to-work tests contract."  It cannot end it unilaterally.
Devonian
Grafter

"an early exit does look likely - with invitations to other companies to tender going out shortly."
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

ABOUT time !! Atos did not care for anyone,s disability , all they were after was to increase the numbers they made "fit for work" as they got paid on performance , the more they put fit to work the more they got paid .
the only losers were the disabled people , who were told Yes ! you lose your benefits.
the assessment is a con job  to slim down the disability  payments from the Gov.
I have had a assessment I know what its like .
Ok i agree there are people who milk  the system but for some reason Atos missed them 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I agree - having been diagnosed wth cancer and suffering chronic fatigue as a resultof drugs I can agree this company were a right pain.
I think it is well proven now that those fiddling the sick are a very small minority.
But what will the next company to do the tests be like !
Mal
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mal08
But what will the next company to do the tests be like !

That worries me a bit too. Same doctors, same attitude, same pay / performance setup but different managers determined to make even more profit.
Sometimes the devil you know is the better option.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Devonian
Grafter

Maybe a not for profit organisation should be set up to run independently, similar to the tribunals service.
TORPC
Grafter

Wouldnt the government love that as it will save them a fortune
PitchBlack
Grafter

I heard it was going to be A4E  Wink
TORPC
Grafter

Phrase
Monkeys = Peanuts
Springs to mind Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Are ATOS declaring themselves unfit to carry out the task?  In which case they'll have to be assessed.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Quote from: TORPC
Wouldnt the government love that as it will save them a fortune

Shouldn't that be  "Wouldnt the government love that as it will save us, the taxpayer, a fortune"
TORPC
Grafter

No, as they will find a way of robbing it all into there bank balances or squander it all on some nonsensical silly stupid idea that will end up abandoned, or sent it all abroad
TORPC
Grafter

Could this be the start of the people fighting back ??

Atos Chased Out Of Vicious Benefit Assessments because of death threats to staff
Atos has blamed abuse and death threats made towards their so-called 'healthcare' professionals as one reason they want to withdraw from the contract early.  Yet Atos must have known that taking on a contract designed to impoverish sick and disabled claimants would lead to them becoming despised.  It is no surprise that a very small number of people facing the WCA displayed what social workers call 'challenging behaviour'.  Any social care professional or even copper could have warned them  about this.  If Atos were unable to put in policies and procedures that kept their staff safe then they only have themselves to blame.
nanotm
Pro

to be honest I'm surprised that some nutter hasn't taked a knife to a few of the atos assessors.....half of them arnt even qualified to practice as doctors in the UK, the last one I saw at an assessment centre was still wearing his hospital psych ward nurses badge (polite but not to well educated in medicine) but of course in his native country he would of been able to work as a brain surgeon.......I don't mind that they import unqualified people to perform the assessments, I don't mind that after a rule change those unqualified people had to work for the NHS as a medical grade staff member (doctor/nurse /pysio /care assistent etc,  but not porter/cleaner/admin) I'm not even overly concerned that ATOS created the work place assessment criteria forms and got them O.K.'d by the DWP as part of the contract under which there given goal was to reduce the number of people on ill health benefits by 10,000 a week, what I mind is that after the first 6 months of utter disaster there contract wasn't nullified in the first place, the fact that they want out of the whole assessment game is great news
even better news is that the NHS is vying for the contract (it should never have been taken away from them in the first place) who knows maybe in the future instead of wasting untold billions every year of "welfare budget" on tribunals people will just get what they should get based on medical evidence, without needing a charity to take up your case with the local DWP office (which effectively side steps the whole ATOS thing anyhow) just to get the correct classification of payment and less hoops to jump through .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you