Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At Last!!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: At Last!!

They've confiscated his prosthetics and special shoes according to a US Reporter on BBC News.
Cut his hair and trimmed his beard too.
I think his family are all British born ! (Possibly not his second wife)
The preacher was married in 1980 to Valerie Traverso, a British woman, and divorced four years later after having one son Mohammed.
He has seven children with his second wife Najat and a stepson Mohssin Ghailan

The Daily Mail has been busy deleting previous articles on him and his family.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Here's an update from NY now that they have appeared in court.
Update
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: PlusComUK
How did they handcuff him for the extradition ?

I suspect they hooked onto him  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I wonder if Hanza's American court appointed defence lawyer will be as keen to exploit the law as his British counterpart has been here (was he court appointed as well?)
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I can just imagine if one of them gets found not guilty.
It will be straight back here to be met off the plane by their happy band of lawyers to start yet another eight years of tax payer blood sucking. This time for compensation payments.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I don't wish to comment on the 'benefits' he and his family have been receiving at the cost of the British taxpayer (me and most who post here), as the swear filter would likely get overloaded.  Crazy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
I wonder if Hanza's American court appointed defence lawyer will be as keen to exploit the law as his British counterpart has been here (was he court appointed as well?)

I believe most of the work done for him in the UK was done by a solicitor who was paid from legal aid funds.
In the US his defence is provided by a lawyer appointed for him although he will be able to appoint someone of his own choosing - so long as he can pay.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loadsa Money...
His extradition fight plus a criminal trial — which ended in a seven-year jail term for soliciting to murder and inciting hatred in 2006 — has cost the taxpayer £153,091.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4576169/Abu-Hamza-hook-taken-away-US-court-bill-costs-16m....

Wife Nadjet, with whom he has seven kids, lives in a £600,000 council house in Shepherd’s Bush, West London. A makeover — including a new £13,500 kitchen and a £8,500 bathroom — has cost a further £25,000.
His family have also pocketed around £650 a week in various state handouts which are expected to continue.
That's nearly £34,000 a year, Tax Free.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Quote from: Petlew

Heard on the news this morning (BBC)..... his lawyer, ( I think it is a woman) has asked for a medical because he has low blood pressure and suffers from diabetes... Also asked that his "prosthetics" (HOOKS to you and me ) be returned, "so he can perform his bodily functions with dignity"

OUCH !  Cheesy
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I thought it was high blood pressure that was being put forward as an excuse here!!
@shutter, good job he's not as young as he used to be Lips_are_sealed
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yay... I think it was High Blood Pressure... oops !  Cheesy
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Heard on the news this morning (BBC)..... his lawyer, ( I think it is a woman) has asked for a medical because he has low blood pressure and suffers from diabetes... Also asked that his "prosthetics" (HOOKS to you and me ) be returned, "so he can perform his bodily functions with dignity"
OUCH !  Cheesy

In the UK he was represented by a female solicitor also.
I don't think he will be allowed to manipulate the U procedure as he did the UK.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Looks like the gravy train could be slowing down:
Latest
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

He should have worn rubbers earlier and not had thieving benefits grabbing sons.
Abu Hamza loses bid to have hooks returned, and will now get $19,000 rubber hands... at the U.S. taxpayer's expense
Without any kind of hand, Hamza is having to eat all his food with a straw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215196/Abu-Hamza-loses-bid-hooks-returned-19-000-rubber-han...
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Why has he got no hands?  were they chopped off for .... theiving ?