Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astonishing 4-year old artist!

Denzil
Grafter

Astonishing 4-year old artist!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13660478
I had my suspicions it was actually the parents' work, but then we are shown film of her actually doing some.
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Astonishing 4-year old artist!

I'm sorry but it just looks like paint splashes to me - is that art?
Her parents, Nikka Kalashnikova and Michael Andre, who are also artists, both agree that their daughter's art has an innocence to it.

Would you expect anything else at 4 years old?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Denzil
Grafter

Well, each to his own. Abstract art doesn't appeal to everyone, of course. Still, most four year-olds have just about got to grips with making handprints and drawing scribbles with a felt-tip. She is deliberately creating shapes and mixtures of colours that are very organised, balanced and layered. There are a lot of well-known established artists that might be a bit embarrassed by the quality of what she has done.
Mind you, the commentary from the critic was bit overblown. You can't describe abstract art as surreal, because there is no realism to distort. And, yes, at four she can only have a limited grasp of the real world anyway.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

What a waste of paint...
Just goes to show, the yanks will buy anything, if you chuck money around to promote it .
Denzil
Grafter

Philistines.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

am on holiday near the Baltic Exchange, and it is not on my list of places to visit, made that mistake last year