cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assange To Leave Embassy

Community Veteran

Assange To Leave Embassy

Julian Assange has announced that he will leave the Ecuadorean Embassy 'soon'.
Aaaange Leaving
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Assange To Leave Embassy

I can't help but wonder how he's going to achieve this without being nicked.
The only two ways I can think of are:
1) Helicopter and rope.. fly to international departures and hope he doesn't get klobbered by the fuzz..
2) Diplomatic vehicle.. but again the fuzz may still be an issue.
I really don't see how on earth he's going to do it unless they've been digging an underground tunnel that nobody knows of. I suppose he could always change his look, wear a wig and things and take the mick out of our idiotic policing system..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

A extradition  lawyer has said that if he leaves the embassy he could be arrested and even transferred to Sweden. If he has a medical condition it would have to be guaranteed that the UK and Sweden both have the ability to treat his condition.
itsme
Grafter

£6.5 million well spent?
Community Veteran

Apparently a court order already exists to extradite him to Sweden.  Subject to his health issues he could be transferred immediately to Sweden. The US has also got an extradition request to transfer him from Sweden to the US. Assange must be aware of all this and has made his decision having taken it all into account.
Community Veteran

There has been an arrest warrant / extradition order outstanding for him for the last couple of years. Thats why i'm curious how he's going to get out of there - the police have been outside the embassy 24/7 ever since he went there as i understand it.
Community Veteran

He's going to accept he will be arrested.
Community Veteran

Why bother? - I mean UK prisons are a soft touch but he's off to sweden where he'll be sent to the USA. USA prisons are not soft on their inmates they're harsh. Very harsh.
Community Veteran

He may not be sent to America. Sweden may decide to try him and, if found guilty, imprison him there.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

So the man is finally being "evicted" from his bed-sit in Knightsbridge, I guess he's looking for more rent free accommodation. I wonder where he gets is funding?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

it's been suggested in the papers today that he gave his press conference as a publicity stunt.
True, he's got his name onto the front page again but what else has he achieved?  If he leaves the embassy he will be arrested immediately.