cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asprin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Asprin

I Wish they would make up their mind about asprin some experts say it may help to prevent certain cancers and many more people in the age range 50 to 65 should be taking it but equally other experts talk about the increased risk of stroke or stomach haemorrages.
These opposing views are being expressed by people adequately qualified to know the subject.
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Asprin

You know what they say, get 3 experts on a subject and get 8 different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Asprin/Statins is/are good/bad for you. I think that about covers it.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Nearly all NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) drugs can cause peptic (stomach) ulcers. Common NSAIDs are diclofenac, ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen. They interfere with the stomach's defence mechanisms against the acid, increasing the risk of an ulcer.
A lot of people get hospitalised each year with stomach ulcers caused by NSAIDs, but the benefits of the drugs outweigh the risks - particularly if you're a chronic arthritis sufferer. I think the people that suffer ulcers tend to have other factors that make them a higher risk (heavy drinkers/history of stomach ulcers/on certain other medications).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Taking a small amount of aspirin daily was thought to help avoid heart attacks a few years back.... my missus used to believe that.... but was told by her doc that it was not good for her... likewise my doc told me the same thing so we stopped taking it...
the whole point of medication is that it should be "prescribed" by a medical person,..... your G.P. for example... and not by the news media etolling its`s (purported) virtues and making sweeping statements that it is good for you... so the gullible people will believe that, and possibly cause themselves harm in doing so, and wonder why.....
Community Veteran

A large number elderly people take soluble aspirin daily and they swear by it.
Fixes: 47

I haven't taken any kind of internal medication for over 40 years, not even so much as a paracetamol.
I do sympathise with those who have to.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Wow...40 years is impressively long.
I imagine you have a very strong immune system.

I've no idea.
I just believe that pain is there for a reason, to let me know something is wrong so I don't mask it with pain killers.
My body repairs itself of minor ailments.
Apart from that I guess I've been lucky.....until now Undecided
Community Veteran

But how often do you get a cough or cold? The people I know who are constantly sick in the winter were on antibiotics on-demand when they were younger. I very rarely get sick in the winter.
Ibuprofen I take fairly regularly, but I do a lot of sport so have many aches/pains.

I hardly ever used to get colds but maybe I get more as I get older however they are never serious enough for medication apart from a hot Ribena drink.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yay the great aspirin debate has come back full circle again!
So.. did we decide to abolish DST yet? - it's getting closer to clock changing time..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I wish they would make their minds up ,,,,  i take 2 asprin + 1 Statin  & 3  more different ones Every day .
And thats been for the last 4 years  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@rongtw,
It wasn't that long ago they were  suggesting a single tablet that contained a satin ,aspirin, and something to lower the blood pressure. To be taken by the majority of people over 65.
Fixes: 125

My dad was prescribed Aspirin on a daily basis but I can't think why now. When asked about the long-term side effects (he was around late 70's at the time) we were told that the benefit far outweighed any problems it could cause. He was monitored with blood test regularly. He died aged 90 of natural causes.
I rarely take anything. The only time is when I have a really excruciating migraine. I then take a couple of dissoluble co-codamols  which are kind to my stomach but work wonders on the head.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still