Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ashes to Ashes

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Ashes to Ashes

Anyone remember that program ?

Well it seems that some of the attitudes in that program are still around today in the Cumbrian Police force, or to be more accurate in senior members of that police force.

Sue Sim a ex chief constable of the force has been disclosing how many senior officers behaved including the public money they claimed for mortgages, household bills, first class travel and up to 64 days a year for holidays.

Some were unavailable for meetings as they were out playing golf in working time and for some the day would start with their feet up on the desk reading the morning paper.

Clearly they were not keen on women in the force based on comments she had heard them say about herself and other female members of the force.

Claiming she was forced out of the job she has gone to the press with the allegations as she feels the police complaints authority simply did not want to get involved, one inquiry into claims against her found them to be totally false yet no disciplinary action has been taken against anyone.

I wonder if it ever will be ?

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Ashes to Ashes

But is she disclosing all the dirt simply because she didn't get her own way.

If that's the case she's no better than the rest.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

yep sounds like someone is bitter and trying to play the "i was being oppressed" card.
Community Veteran

I have not known too many people who are,'In charge' not getting their own way, remember the police are like the army with uniforms, ranks, saluting and all the other stuff so I cannot see her not getting her own way.

As stated, an independent enquiry found all the complaints against her were unfounded which I found odd and there seems no dispute against the claims she makes regarding payments for various expenses claimed by senior officers.

In conclusion I accept I do not know the full facts and it may well be a case of hitting back at those who have had a go at her, however I doubt this is the last we have heard of this saga.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Ashes to Ashes - The good old days of policing. Smiley

Community Veteran

Guess she was the wrong sex, if she had been a bloke then she could have joined the masons and been a member of the club.Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Community Veteran

gleneagles wrote:

if she had been a bloke then she could have

And if she had been black she could have joined the NBPA.