cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asbestos – ignore it at your peril Free Event by the H&SE

TORPC
Grafter

Asbestos – ignore it at your peril Free Event by the H&SE

The event will be held on Wednesday 3rd September 2014 - registration and exhibition from 12:15pm - 13:00pm
http://www.hse.gov.uk/events/harrogate-safe-forum.htm?ebul=hsegen&cr=11/18-aug-14
The Pavilions, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate HG2 8NZ
Event overview
Fact: Asbestos is the single greatest cause of work-related deaths in the UK.
Fact: Buildings built before 2000 have the potential to contain Asbestos containing materials. Do you know where these can be found?
Fact: If you are an employer or someone in control of non-domestic premises, you have a Duty to manage Asbestos. Is this you and how do you do this?
Fact: The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 came into force on 6 April 2012, updating previous asbestos regulations. Do you know the changes?
Fact: Removal or repair of asbestos containing materials may be required to be carried out by a Licensed Company. Find out more!
Fact: Removal of Asbestos from a building is a high risk activity. Find out how it is removed safely!
This event is suitable for businesses of all sizes, including those regarded as 'clients', those with facilities management responsibilities, business premises owners and landlords/ tenants and the self-employed. It will help you identify, manage and control exposure to Asbestos, protecting the health of yourself, employees, contractors/workmen and the public.
Existing members and non-members welcome
Further information and booking
Places are limited and must be booked, for more information and to book a place email: brian.hagyard@harrogate.gov.uk.
Will you or someone / business you know, be going ?Huh
I am waiting for it to come more locally
That said I do know someone who will be attending, & can take notes from him Wink
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Asbestos – ignore it at your peril Free Event by the H&SE

I wonder how many people have lived with artex over the past 20/30 years which they paint every now and again.
Here I sit thinking maybe I should not have broomed all those Asbestos roofs squeeky clean without a mask.... Cough,Cough. Be young and wise is all I have to say...