cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a total cynic about Government - all parties - I thought this was very funny

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

As a total cynic about Government - all parties - I thought this was very funny

http://chrismcmahon.net/2013/12/18/need-a-laugh-governmentium-has-been-discovered/
The heaviest element yet known to science has been discovered.
The new element is Governmentium (Gv). It has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.
These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lefton-like particles called peons.
Since Governmentium has no electrons or protons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction normally taking less than a second to take from four days to four years to complete.
Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2- 6 years. It does not decay but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.
In fact, Governmentium’s mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.
When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons. All of the money is consumed in the exchange, and no other byproducts are produced.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: As a total cynic about Government - all parties - I thought this was very funny

Grin Grin Grin
Geoff,
York.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: As a total cynic about Government - all parties - I thought this was very funny

classic Smiley
brought a tear to my eye reading that and almost made me pmsl Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Loved it excellent.  Grin
Community Veteran

Spot on. Excellent! Grin
Community Veteran

Like it, and how true Grin Grin
Community Veteran

A little bit extreme. Personally I cannot praise our politicians too highly.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 47

Neither can I.
The words just won't come out Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

Unlike our politicians
I am Speechless Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Interesting article in the MOS today by Denis MacShane who spent a few months in Belmarsh & Brixton for fiddling his expenses .
In the article he describes the fiddles most other MP's got up to and were even advised on how to milk the system, all legal of course, according to the rules.Seems he got nicked because he didn't follow the rules and it was a matter of making an example of someone, interesting he ended up in a category 'A' prison for his crimes compared to others who get involved in serious crime and get lesser sentences.
No I don't feel sorry for him only sorry that the rest of them were not put in Belmarsh for a few months
Community Veteran

Yes I read the article this afternoon. Interesting Wink