cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argos Store Refit

Fixes: 47

Argos Store Refit

My daughter and I visited the long established Argos store in Meadowhall, Sheffield yesterday.
As we went in through the door we both stopped in shock at the total change.
What greeted us was 4 bare brick walls of a room full of podiums, each with 6 iPad like screens affixed.
We went to an available screen and attempted to put in a reservation number but received an error message.
A member of staff came up and took us to another screen which also offered an error message.
Eventually we found a screen which worked, the staff member explained that all the screens were on WiFi which caused problems Huh
We quickly discovered that the screens did not accept reservation numbers and at that point we decided we didn't like the new arrangement and went to a Pay and Collect point with a human being in attendance.
Shopping with my daughter is never a simple experience so some 40 minutes later we had our purchases and left the store.
The brick walls were decorative not actual but the overall effect was cold and uninviting.
All they needed to complete the effect were Android staff instead of humans.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Argos Store Refit

Android staff?!! Take a tablet.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 47

It seems there are problems with the new 'Digital' stores http://www.retail-week.com/companies/argos/argos-new-digital-stores-hit-by-technology-problems/50557...
The Meadowhall store we went into is usually chaotic at Christmas time so we can't imagine what it will be like this Christmas in it's new digital form Shocked
This is what the refit looks like http://www.glamshops.ro/shop-review-argos-digital-concept-stores-by-dalziel-and-pow.html
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Strat
This is what the refit looks like http://www.glamshops.ro/shop-review-argos-digital-concept-stores-by-dalziel-and-pow.html

Looks stark and uninviting Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I have used Argos on occasion but I'm not a big fan. They are convenient but not competitive on price. 
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

There will be plenty of older customers scared off by the new technology.
Community Veteran

I thought they were going to get rid of the catalogue but they were still using them just before I came away. They can't be cheap to produce and are out of date as soon as they are issued.