Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Are you happy ?

well acording to Which report 50% of the UK has Broadband problems Shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43617492

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Are you happy ?

No broadband problems other than an appalling upload speed but i can use my phone for that so it doesn't bother me.

Happy in general? No not really. Government is destroying everything, Bond isn't what it once was, bankers who ruined us are treated like heroes and engineers are frowned upon unless its software engineering.

What once made this country great is now left in the shadows of the rest of the world. As a kid in the 80s life was tough but at least this country seemed to have some sort of vision for the future. These days its just an awful mess and if someoine has to buffer a youtube video for a few seconds life apparently isn't worth living. Meanwhile the big things like our Tornadoes being grounded is completely overlooked but if someone misses a goal on a big football game half the nation sulks.

Nope not happy at all.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@7up wrote:

Nope not happy at all.

Have you thought about trying Sertraline? It's working well for me... Crazy

Hasn't gotten me a girlfriend though, so still not happy about that......

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Been on that since end of October. No difference at all for me. It's still [-Censored-] out there and pills don't change that.

The goodness in my life at present is the little one, his mum and my gadgets and that's it. I once had hopes of going into engineering but this country put an end to that decades ago along with so many other peoples hopes. Then when other things start being eroded away you have to wonder what there is left for the future because it certainly isn't much!

Oh no.. hang on.. we have coffee shops, banks and restaurants. Somehow everything will be fine Roll eyes

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@rongtw

Sorry, doubled up on this with my own post on the same report. Crazy2

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@7up

What sort of engineering did you want to get into?

I was into electro/mechanical myself and finished up wishing I'd never started as I had year upon year of going on yet another course in order to update what few skills I had. Talk about playing catch up, it seemed the faster I ran the further away technology got.   

Glad to be out of it to be honest - although I do miss the company car!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I'm still waiting for my 38mbps from my FIBRE connection.... Roll eyes

This pretty much sums it up!

Steve Holford, VP Product Marketing at Hyperoptic, said:

Unfortunately the news from Which? that over 15 million Brits aren’t getting their advertised broadband speeds doesn’t come as a surprise. The discrepancy between advertised and actual broadband speeds is due to the fundamental flaw in the technology that is used to deliver the majority of broadband connections.

Consumers are being misled into believing that they are receiving ‘fibre’ broadband, when really the fibre stops somewhere in the streets around their home – the broadband is delivered into their house via outdated copper lines, which accounts for the quality and distance degradation in speeds and peak-time slowdowns. Only true fibre to the home enables residents to connect to the internet at advertised speeds.”

sub91
Dabbler

Love losing Internet connection every  30 mins or every 1 hour but they can't find any faults so yeah 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

AAISP Will fix whatever problem you have should you have one. I believe they have a an IRC server somewhere as well.

But then you would be paying for what is a capable isp not just your standard run of the mill 9-5ers.

If you want cheaper then I guess you just need to roll up your sleeves and find the cause like the rest of us on here, don't be afraid to ask questions me ole fruit.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Broadband problems ? Guess I am lucky speeds seem to be consistent on fibre even though the cabinet is some distance away.

Happy in general terms ?

Yes, never had it so good since retiring, time is my own to spend how I like.

Never feel down or depressed, just consider myself lucky not to be one of the millions of people who are in debt, have housing problems, health problems, domestic issues etc

Life is a thousand times better now that it was when I was a child, I could write volumes about the (censored) I had to put up with until I left home.

Leaving home being the best move I ever made.

Equal only to getting married to the right person.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

there have quite a few post lately where people keep dropping connection ,,,  Makes you wonder ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles

I was only saying to the Mrs earlier, we spend our lives getting to a happy state (like yourself with house paid for etc) - and then it's nearly time to leave. So I guess what makes us happy is being able to reflect on times when things were not so easy.

So steady as she goes, and enjoy it while we still have the time. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your happiness depends on the speed of your internet connection, then you need to do some serious thinking about priorities in your life.

Community Veteran

I'm not happy. I'm smug, as most of my Broadband services are with Zen.  Wink

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlaricAdair

Not sure why you’re smug. You could have had just as good, if not better, service from Pulse8 at a lower cost.