cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you attending any shows or events post lockdown?

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Are you attending any shows or events post lockdown?

Above.

Me? I have several local and out of Town Comic Cons coming up plus a Fisherman's Friend's concert at the City Hall in September.

All of the events I have booked as follows.

Doncaster Unleashed Comic Con 25th July at The Dome

York Unleashed Comic Con 8th August at York Races

Fisherman's Friends concert Sheffield City Hall 12th September

Sheffield Unleased Comic Con 26th September at Magna

Leeds Unleashed Comic Con at Marriot Hotel Leeds 10th October

Chesterfield Unleashed Comic Con Sports Centre Chesterfield 17th October

According to the Unleashed Events Facebook page all the events are going ahead as planned.

Anyone else doing anything cool?

Do you see? Cheesy
5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 123

Re: Are you attending any shows or events post lockdown?

Fisherman’s Friends you say? I do love a good sea shanty. Not seen them live yet but I saw Kimber’s Men live a few years ago at a local pub in Sheffield. 

Last Comic Con style thing I went to was ‘SFW in the City’ in 2018 to meet Adam Brown who plays Ori the Dwarf in the Hobbit (I look like him! Got a selfie with him too)

Next ‘nerdy’ thing on the list is the board games expo

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

Have you seen the film? Also I have one of their albums, bought it on Amazon a while back, and there's videos of most of their songs on YouTube.

Looking forward to the concert, I should've gone to see Mrs Brown's Boys at the City Hall this past Tuesday night but it's postponed till about this time next year for obvious reasons.

Do you see? Cheesy
Anoush
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 123

Ah nice. I didn’t realise they had a film. Might watch it after I finish Loki (new TV series, if you’re into Marvel I’d highly recommend as it’s simply amazing)

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Booked and paid to see Maldwyn "Mal" Pope (he's a Welsh musician and composer) in Cardigan many months back but that along with a Celtic folk band we'd also booked up to see at the same theatre was 'Covid cancelled'. Fair play though in that they offered us a full refund on our 'not that cheap' tickets but as we'd already sort of spent the money we left it in place for when they are rescheduled. 

Luckily, just before the same theater put up the shutters we managed to see Martyn Joseph, another Welsh musician and composer - and a pretty mean guitar player as well. Both Mal Pope and Martyn Joseph have been around a good while. Mal we first saw at the Swansea Grand when our kiddies were small and Martyn way back when at some happy-clappy Greenbelt Concert we'd been invited to. Not my sort of thing that last one but some of the acts were pretty impressive I must admit... but no water into wine sorry to say, but then no Cliff Richard either so....  🙂

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

If you've got Amazon Prime, the Fisherman's Friends movie's on there, originally came out around mid March 2019.

Do you see? Cheesy