Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you a professional decorator ??

TORPC
Grafter

Are you a professional decorator ??

Then could you benefit from this time saving device
[quote= https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rollerchamber/15-second-paint-roller-cleaner-dryer-reuse-paint-r]The Problem:
Cleaning Those Darn Messy Paint Rollers!
Spend 20 minutes washing your paint roller in hopes it will be dry tomorrow to paint again. It probably will not be or has hardened up from any residue left in it. You probably will need a new paint roller. If you painted 3 colors that day. thats 3 more rollers to clean and then harden up again. They never work as good as they did when they weren't matted down. They don't pick up the paint as much as they once did so you have to keep loading the roller every few strokes on the wall. So you wasted 40 gallons of water, polluted the sewer system with waste water, spent $40.00 again on getting new paint rollers for your next project.
Ok I spend around £2 - £3 per roller head which last me a few years after a thorough 20 - 30 minute washing, so do not know where he likes to shop @ the prices, he quoted
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Are you a professional decorator ??

So you wasted 40 gallons of water, polluted the sewer system with waste water,

Oh Dear.... methinks it would be much more environmentally friendly to just ditch the roller and use a new one every day... imagine... 1000 people washing out rollers at the end of the day... at 40 gallsons a time... Jeeeeesh !.. what a waste of clean fresh water, and what a lot of pollution in the drains.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

drains and drain water which is then recycled into drinking water.. no doubt with trace elements of dangerous chemicals..
And we wonder why the people of this nation are getting sicker?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

We're damned if we do & damned if we don't
What is the worst
Leave to harden & throw in the landfill
Wash out & recycle
Either way is not ideal,
however
What way would you choose
?? ?? ?? ?? ??
If the levels that they state are safe then the nation should not get sicker as a result
That said
Does anyone forget that we have cocaine & various other substances in our tap water, that they say are safe levels
Welsh Water had a £50Million profit for a non profit company & I am sure they could use that money to fund better filtration, to provide safer levels
Fixes: 47

Quote from: TORPC
Does anyone forget that we have cocaine & various other substances in our tap water, that they say are safe levels

Does that make me a water head as opposed to a crack head as I drink lots of it Undecided
Well it was going off topic anyway Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

On that note
is it possible to get this back on topic ?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Wrap rollers and brushes tightly in clingfilm immediately after use and they're 'good to go' the following day (assuming you're still painting the same colour).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.