Did you mean: 

Are there any Governing / Regulatory bodies for

TORPC
Grafter

Are there any Governing / Regulatory bodies for

Bus / Coach firms ?Huh
The reason being is I think my daughter has been ripped of
The company in question is Stagecoach
The have charged her the same from, the next named part of the town @least 5 bus stops & 1.3 miles away according to our good friend google maps
However the area name on the ticket is the same as she had boarded the bus
Does this sound right ?Huh
Edit:
I forgot to add that she compared prices with her boyfriend that got on the earlier stop
4 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Are there any Governing / Regulatory bodies for

local councils are the regulatory body for public fares, if you've cause to complain try there website for more info
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
TORPC
Grafter

Do you think this may be cause to complain or not ?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Before complaining... I would find out, from the local ticket inspector...( or another driver on another route ? ) how the fare "stages" are structured... and if you travel from "within" a "fare stage", then you will be charged accordingly... if however, the fares are calculated per mile/km bus stop to bus stop, then there is a different set of values.
so... e.g... your first stop in a fare stage is called A....... the next fare stage starts at stop E  and the next fare stage starts at  K ....  in each stage there may be 3 or 4 bus stops... and if a passenger gets on the bus at Stop C in the first fare stage... they will be charged from bust stop A... at the start of the "fare stage"...
( the above is an assumption, of how the bus fares "may" be calculated.... and not necessarily a true representation )... checking with the local authority transport department, may give you more help...
gromittz
Grafter

Have a look in their website and see what the ticket prices are for the various stops along the route.