Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are You Feeling Lucky!.....Punk

Steve
Pro

Are You Feeling Lucky!.....Punk

What Is Black Friday?
Black Friday is the day that follows Thanksgiving in the USA; with Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday of November, this year Black Friday will be November 26. It traditionally marks the beginning of Christmas shopping, with shoppers grabbing some great prices on a huge range of products. Amazon.com offers some unbelievable deals throughout Thanksgiving week and on Black Friday, and this year, we wanted to do the same. We're bringing Black Friday Deals Week to the Amazon.co.uk website, so our customers will be able to take advantage of some unbelievable deals throughout the week.

We'll have over 300 deals, including:
    * The Take That ‘Progress' CD for £1 will be released at 9am on Monday
    * 50% off Sony TVs
    * 50% off RRP Raleigh bicycles
    * Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
    * Over 70% off Orchira pearl jewellery
    * Over 50% off Sony Blu-ray players
    * Over 60% off RRP Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
    * Over 60% off Flip Mino High Def Camcorders
    * Over 60% off Nintendo Wii consoles
Source  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_79141_22583921_pe_01/?node=161428031
Let us know If you get a good deal please
10 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Are You Feeling Lucky!.....Punk

Thanks for that tip!
jmd
Grafter

Amazon said 9am - Take That and Susan Boyle CDs at £1 - but click on it at 9am and not available - sold out!!  Biut of a swizz must have only had 1 of each at that price!! Sad
Steve
Pro

Going to have to be pretty lucky I guess, Good fun though!
Steve
Pro

A Wii game was sold out at 14.00 and It started at 14.00, On the other hand I sat and watched something at 14.00 that was not sold out but It sold out by 14.01, Going to be extremely lucky to get any bargains here.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Isn't it odd how everything is reduced so heavily and yet the price never seems to be any cheaper?
I saw games consoles in a supermarket a while back reduced by something like 65% yet the cost was still almost £300.
Surely this can't be right.
I think this 'sale' thing has gone a bit too far now - just like DFS (and others) who seem to be having a mass clearance every other week on TV.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
randpwar
Grafter

I do agree with you okrzynska, however, in order to advertise an item at a reduced price the vendor has to state the period of time that the goods were offered at the original price
Steve
Pro

Quote from: okrzynska
Isn't it odd how everything is reduced so heavily and yet the price never seems to be any cheaper?
Depends I suppose, most places have always got a reduction on RRP when you visit, I reckon that when the sales are on then this RRP comes Into place and hence why you think It's not really cheaper?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: randpwar
I do agree with you okrzynska, however, in order to advertise an item at a reduced price the vendor has to state the period of time that the goods were offered at the original price

Yes and I noticed that Halfords actually comply with this. They're one of the few places who do legitimately seem to offer proper discounts and deals IMO.
Others though still don't seem to be playing by these rules and are frankly taking the mick. Amazon are still claiming to be selling tools reduced by 60% from over £200 which are available everywhere for around £60-70 on a daily basis. Not once have I ever seen them state when they were on sale at this price too.
No wonder the yanks call this country treasure island..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

6 months ago I was looking for a new drill.
There was a 50% discount on the specific drill I wanted at B&Q with the offer running from Thursday to Sunday.
Thursday morning went to the local store...........sold out
Phoned the next 3 B&Q stores the nearest to me........... sold out..............(but we have another make which is an excellent model sir, bla, bla ,bla)
A Month later in Homebase they had the same model only £5 more that what it would have cost me at B&Q so I was OK in the end.
Community Veteran

Here are the opening times for the stores on Black Friday in the US
http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2010/11/24/news/doc4ced2b6580de9516027717.txt
Handy for shopping for bargains at 3.00 am!