Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Sturgeon's days numbered, son?

figgley
Grafter

Are Sturgeon's days numbered, son?

Aha! June the 8th, and all that.

Are the Scotch clever enough to see through the SNP's ideology-led road to nowhere, one wonders?

Do I give a [-Censored-]?

The Jocks would have to be insane to vote for any Labour candidate, and many of them will, but I expect the Liberal Democraps and Tories will wrest more than a handful of seats from the busterd SNP, mate.

Still, whatever happens, we English taxpayers will still be subsidising our friends north of Hadrian's Wall, I suppose.

Pffft. Sign this petition or I'll come round and squirt you:

www.freehillingdonfromtherestofengland

Ta.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Are Sturgeon's days numbered, son?

Are there any fish named Scottish MPs to take over?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If she does manage to win her vote, and she does manage to extricate Scotland and the scots ( not scotch ) from the United Kingdom,...  I am sure that there will be an exodus of reasonably well off, and reasonably educated people from England to Scotland... 

Just think of the opportunities.... Cheaper property prices.. beautiful scenery, and probably better social security, and health benefits, along with the chance to start a new life, with a new business, in a new country. and you don`t really have to "emigrate".. just drive over the border, or catch a plane/train/bus  and a few hours later, you will be there !. Hey, they (almost) speak the same language, and drive on the same side of the road,. so no need to learn those two difficult things when you first arrive... !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@figgley your link doesn't work

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero

@AlaricAdair

Well there's a Lisa Cameron, she sounds a bit fishy. Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

@shutter

And the midge shutter, don't forget the midge!

IMG_20170419_0002_NEW.jpg

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman Ha Ha, ! there`s no flies on you, taffy boy ! !  Cheesy

Community Veteran

If she snatched independence she'd be faced with an immigration problem on her doorstep... "708,872 people born in Scotland resident in England"  Smiley

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Some people here are more obsessed with the FM than we are, must be feart of her.

Community Veteran

There are supposedly around 422,000 English-born people living in Scotland. They are welcome to stay post-independence, as are any other people from all over the world who choose to make their home here.Indeed, Scots people resident elsewhere in the UK would be welcome back as well.
Minivanman
Hero

@AlaricAdair

Well my five year old grandson of Welsh parents now living in Wales was born as chance would have it in Scotland (Dad was in the RAF) - so I guess the little lad will be desperate to head back to the highlands in his kilt post any independence Wink

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

@AlaricAdair  Not MPs but Michael Fish will be able to weather any (political) storm, and James Whale (yes, I know not technically a fish but a sea creature nevertheless) is known for being outspoken which may be an advantage in the job.  They could all holiday in Sardinia, and perhaps go Skating in the Scottish winter (perhaps a codpiece for the men to keep them warm, and a wee dram to warm the cockles of their hearts).