cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April fools joke

Highlighted
Fixes: 415

Re: April fools joke

I suppose I was the only sucker to be temporarily taken in by the flying Penguins on BBC Breakfast this morning Embarrassed

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

They've got wings haven't they?  Crazy
Highlighted
Grafter

Your not obviously an ornithologist,
did you see any polar bears in the Antarctic or penguins at the North Pole me I like Penguins
Highlighted
Grafter

well, I don't believe that is the Queen you had visiting................. She dont offer her hand for a kiss!
Highlighted
Grafter

No Strat you weren't......I was sitting there watching, thinking to myself ahhhh and oooohhhh isn't it wonderful....it wasn't until it said that they flew to South America that it clicked there may be something wrong  Embarrassed  Then put it together with Terry Jones and thought yes, its April 1st !!!!
Brilliant clip though - they've since put another clip on about how it was made - technology is a marvellous thing Smiley
Tracey
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: James_H
Thats right - it was just a joke Wink

Ooop's, then I must stand up and admit to being fooled.
Nice one PlusNet
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Grafter

Now, this might just be me... but i think the photo on the blog *was* taken outside PN... for the following reason...
If you drag the file into photoshop, and mess with the levels, you can read the plusnet sign on the door!
<edit> Yes, i have nothing better to do </edit>
Highlighted
Grafter

BBC have been showing the flying penguins between programmes this evening - its great!  but they don't explain why they keep showing it though.
Highlighted
Grafter

See here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/ they show you how it was made, perhaps they are getting their moneys worth
Its the smaller picture to the right of the penguin film  Wink
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Hello Pierre is this what you are looking for
[Moderator's note by Peter (PJ): Please do not quote in all caps as per the Forum Rules Those who are curious about this post may wish to visit here]
Highlighted
Grafter

no what what was wrong with my posting, nothing, look at the picture below

Any way shouting is definitely against the rules especially at that size
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Thanks PJ.... I was going to put a link in for him to access the font in case he did not have it....
As for posting in capitals.... I don`t think the font works in small letters.  Some fonts will only work when used in the capital letter form..... For example  HourPhoto as used on my heading on my website. Others that spring to minde are    Jungle Leaves, and Pleasantly Plump... Cheesy Wink