Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Fool......

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

April Fool......

I wonder what April 1st will bring, especially from Plusnet Forum Posters !!
Previously, many years ago, as part of a News Crew, we were sent out to Vox Pop members of the Public, because the EU had brought in a ruling that all cooked Chips had to be a standard length and width, all Crinkle cut chips were to be banned!!
We also interviewed a few Chip Shop Owners....... we ate a lot of Chips that day !!
From a News production meeting on 31st March 1978-ish !!!!
Then there was the story about the EU dictating that all bananas had to be straight !!
As a TV Operations Manager, I once informed the Sound Department, that to save money on replacement batteries, which were changed every day, they now had to use mains powered Radio Microphone Transmitters !!
Some twigged, some didn't.
I understand a local radio station on Jersey is holding a competition, that if you can photograph one of their promotional cars tomorrow, there is an interview as a prize.
Car reg is J10414

15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: April Fool......

I expect it will be more news from plusnet saying they are opening yet another call centre.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Plusnet will anounce they are going to activate their phone answering queue service.... which is long overdue...
Guess what.... every call answered that day will be.....
Hello, Welcome to PlusNet Phone queuing system... your turn is number one.... we shall answer your call as soon as possible,.........  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

All PN  customers will get a free upgrade to FTTP provided they call this number (0800 432 xx80) to apply before noon.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The new billing system goes live tomorrow, and people won't complain about the forum being slow anymore Tongue
Infinity
Pro

Square Eggs !!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Tomorrow's Announcement:
Plusnet has introduced a new Direct Debit system, all new and amended direct debits will be processed and working within two working days...  Cheesy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

reserved
Grafter

It's here   Wink
Devonian
Grafter

Infinity
Pro

April Fools' Day jokes 2014 – the best on the web
According to The Guardian...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/01/april-fools-jokes-2014-best-web

Community Veteran

My stepson decided he wasn't going to be caught out by me today.
I dropped him off at school and reminded him it was his bi-yearly bloodtest after school and I'd meet him at the hospital.
Hook, line and sinker  Grin
Fixes: 125

Caught a program earlier about the 1957 spaghetti tree April Fool.
Very cleverly done.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Steve
Pro

Quote from: PlusComUK
Square Eggs !!
My other half fell for this hook, line, and sinker. In fact she was so convinced she tried convincing me. She was so convincing she ( almost ) had me even though I told her square eggs wont happen. " It can " she says: " I saw It on telly " also she pointed out to me that there " Is all different breeds of chickens " I do worry about her at times..sigh. Was funny though the things she comes out with are really funny.