Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple or Android ??

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Apple or Android ??

What with the new launch of the new apple Iphone 5, i was just wondering what people prefer , apple or android?
For me its android all the way Smiley, i feel they are more user friendly, better free apps and less restrictive to use than apple.
At the moment i have an LG optimus one, but looking to get the huawei ascend g300, when it starts to ship with ICS, by the reviews i have read its the best budget android on the market.
Regards
Mike
Mike
19 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Apple or Android ??

I'm happy to use Android rather than Apple if only because of the dreaded iTunes.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
kmilburn
Grafter

From  a developer perspective,  being able to write and deploy applications to my phone and table without having to buy a new computer and pay someone else for the privilege doing so,  Android is the winner...
The fact you can only develop for the iPhone/Pad on a mac, and you have to pay apple for a developer account to allow you to get you own programs on to your own devices (short of rooting it) rules Apple out.
JamesM
Grafter

The g300 is my first smart phone and it is excellent, plus it comes with flash player, 4 inch screen (a bit hard to see in direct sunlight) 1 gig single core and upgradeable to 32 gig mem.I am waiting patiently for the ICS update. I will stick with android.
I have it on vodaphone but one day I will get around to putting my 3 sim in it to see if it factory unlocked. If not I will get the ICS update, then get it unlocked for a fiver.
Fixes: 101

Android, I use Mac's at home but the inflexibility and lack or predictive text make it an iPhone a loser for me. 
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I've briefly had a couple of iphones but when it comes to file sharing/handling android wins hands down.
The iphone is a quality product, it should be at that price, but then so are equally expensive android models.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

My Android Smartphone cost me £20 brand new.
End of line at Asda Direct a couple of months ago.
(To be used in the event of infrequent power failure)
iPhone 5 £529 !!

kmilburn
Grafter

Have you got shares in Apple?  You seem awfully keen on prompting their latest overpriced shiny toy...    Wink
Infinity
Pro

I'm actually an Android man myself !!

Having said that, I do download free iPhone / iPad apps in iTunes.... you never know !

Best iPhone 5 apps to download first and make the most of iOS 6, a bigger screen and all the new Apple smartphone features
http://www.t3.com/features/best-iphone-5-apps
Community Veteran

Quote from: JamesM
The g300 is my first smart phone and it is excellent, plus it comes with flash player, 4 inch screen (a bit hard to see in direct sunlight) 1 gig single core and upgradeable to 32 gig mem.I am waiting patiently for the ICS update. I will stick with android.

Ditto but unlocked and running a custom ICS ROM.
Could buy more than 5 of these (8 if Tesco hadn't run out in their recent instore promotion @ £80 -£15 = £65 if purchased with £30 of shopping) for the price of ONE 'iThingy 5'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
JamesM
Grafter

I got mine from tesco too w23, £65 is a steal. I paid the straight £100 for it though a couple of months ago. I really should look for special prices on things, I am getting better though.
I remember when I was younger in Australia still living at home, I went away for a 2 week cruise with my mates, when I got back my Mum and Dad had new carpet throughout the house, my Mum Dad and sister all took bets to see how long it would be before I cottoned on to the new carpet, I think it was about 5 days. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the old carpet was a horrible patterned red, brown and yellow affair, and the new carpet was cream.  Grin  I must walk around with blinkers on.
Community Veteran

I wonder how many of us are actually in the happy position to be able to afford one of each and can compare them directly rather than comparing (probably biased) reviews.
My phone is Android, but I've never used an iPhone so wouldn't know whether its better or worse.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

To me it's simple:
Apple has good specification, good quality and good design but the price is too high.  Others may perfectly well justify spending that much.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
nadger
Rising Star

Recently bought a cheap Android smartphone for £50 from Virgin ( ZTE KIS)
The free apps are good and  I'm finding it handy when I want to google something whilst watching TV or follow a history/travel programme using maps.
I do, however, find stylus an essential.
Fixes: 101

Quote from: Petlew
I wonder how many of us are actually in the happy position to be able to afford one of each and can compare them directly rather than comparing (probably biased) reviews.

I use an iPad and an Android phone which is pretty close to having both with only the phone bit missing (which seems to be secondary these days anyway) and although I do like my iPad I wouldn't like to use the keyboard on a phone and some of the inflexibilty would annoy me more on a phone than a tablet.
Will Moderate For Thanks