cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently Isabel can diagnose your symptoms

TORPC
Grafter

Apparently Isabel can diagnose your symptoms

[quote= http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2766780/What-YOUR-symptoms-mean-New-calculator-tells-condition-likely-suffering-from.html]We've all had those niggling symptoms such as tiredness or pain that won't go away.
And many of them could be a sign of any number of conditions.
For example, while a dodgy stomach could be due to food poisoning, it could also be a symptom of IBS or something more sinister.
Now, medical experts have devised an online symptom checker to try and help the general public understand what their symptoms may indicate.
Called Isabel, it was founded by the parents of Isabel Maude, who was misdiagnosed in 1999.
Despite doctors saying she had chickenpox, Miss Maude was actually suffering from deadly toxic shock syndrome and necrotising fasciitis, where bacteria eat away at the flesh.
Fourteen years on, she still needs ongoing surgery.

Direct link to Isabel the Symptom Checker
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Apparently Isabel can diagnose your symptoms

Available on Google Play for android.....  and The App Store....
Just bookmarked it... and put the bookmark directly under the Doctors Surgery bookmark !...  Smiley
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

it might work better if it could differentiate timeline of problems etc, no doubt its a "smart app" that remembers all previous searches and builds a picture of a person but realistically it offered 40 possibilities for the symptoms of which 8 were a different part of the body..... not so reliable right now i'll stick to the GP when I have a problem
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 121

It's definitely not a new idea as there was a program written for the BBC B back in the early eighties. Can't remember what it was called but I did meet the programmer who, if I remember correctly, was a doctor.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

I feel that any of these type of apps, are to be used as a light reference only & not to be taken to heart Wink