Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Anyone with the Halifax

7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Anyone with the Halifax

Yes I am Smiley
However
Customers with more than £5,000 held in a Halifax or Bank of Scotland savings account

Cry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It`s always the same...... Money to Money.... Why can`t they extend the draw to those with only (say) £500 in savings.... it would attract new customers who don`t have a great deal of "spare" money, and the prospect of winning, means they could well "stash" the winnings with Halifax anyway...
Same if you want a loan.... if you have loadsamoney in the bank, they will loan you some more.... if you don`t have £1,000 a month going into an account... NO WAY HOZAY !..  Cry
Personally, I think it is a disgusting way to do business.
Fixes: 104

Funny the article seems to be disparaging of the chance of winning this *free* draw, but the odds are still significantly better than winning the lossery lottery.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 125

According to rule 16:
Within one month of the date of each monthly draw, where we can, we will send a recorded delivery letter to potential winners who have been selected and checked against our records in accordance with Rule 12. We will use the last known postal address that we have in our records - unless post has been returned from this address. We may also try to contact potential winners by other means, such as, telephone or e-mail, where we have these details.

Why can't they just do their checks (after all, how hard can it be to check the balance for the month prior) and place the money in the qualifying account? Why all the palava?
Why the use of may in the last sentence, surely they should try these methods?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I gotta say shutter I'm in total agreement with you. Many banks also offer perks if you "just pay in £1000 a month".. yet to earn that sort of money you need to be on what.. £17k a year? - How many people really earn that sort of money? - Sure there are a lot who do but there are also a lot that don't yet they still provide custom to the banks. I don't understand why they don't value these people too ?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Should be open to all customers, that was the point.
Reading the T&C's
We will use a third party company to help us collect certain details of customers who wish to register for the Draw, so, by applying to register, you agree to share those details with them. (You are responsible for ensuring that your details are correct.)

In other words "A third party will be given our mailing list for the offset of a large chunk of the prize money donation."
TANSTAAFL
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Many banks also offer perks if you "just pay in £1000 a month".. yet to earn that sort of money you need to be on what.. £17k a year? - How many people really earn that sort of money?

Just done a quick check. Even if you are on the minimum legal wage (just under £6) doing 40hrs/wk, the net income for a married man is approx £11,000.
So I guess quite a few earn that sort of money.