Did you mean: 

Anyone voting tomorrow?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Re: Anyone voting tomorrow?

Leap frog, and hopscotch, should also be avoided for a few days  Grin
Community Veteran

Thanks guys.  I've now got a matching pair as I had the other one done 4 years ago. In hospital 5-7 days.  I was driving within a week last time and playing gentle tennis within 2 months. Driving may be a bit slower this time as it's the left leg - clutch. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yoy might want to look into an automatic artmo. I have leg problems with the clutch too and have driven an automatic for many years now. It's not until you drive one you realise just how much effort the clutch takes.
I went back to driving a manual a while back for a job and within 3 months I was almost crippled again. Needless to say that didn't work out and I'm in the deep stuff again but at least I know what my limits are now. I can drive a manual sometimes for short / quick trips or motorways where there is minimal clutch use but anything regular requires an auto. It must be said driving an auto made a big difference and reduced the pain.
The downside is the fuel consumption  Cry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I've got both auto and manual and it certainly saves the knees (and hips) to use the auto which I do for longer journeys.
Modern auto gearboxes can be excellent on fuel, especially the CVT or DSG types.
Also many now come with "tiptronic" type controls so you can override the gears if you want.
Community Veteran

I used to drive an auto but that was many years ago. Only time I do so now is in the US.  My clutch is fairly light I will have to see how long it takes this time round.  They are more concerned that you don't drive until you can perform an emergency stop and that of course is the good leg Wink Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Even a hydraullic clutch made life difficult for me - it still takes more effort than the accelerator (granted less than a normal clutch though) and it would still cause me to live in a lot of pain. If I'm honest, I miss the full control you get from a manual but the auto box saves me a lot of pain.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite
I miss the full control you get from a manual

Can't say I've ever missed that, I find auto's are just as "controllable", in some situations more so - hill starts for one.
Most of my cars in recent years have been auto's, at present we just happen to have a small(ish) manual and a larger auto "barge".
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Voted last week by post.
You would have thought that there should have at least been the odd flyer outlining the candidates general aims. But there was nothing.
It was either check them out online or use a pin blindfolded.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Not bothering.... won`t make any difference.... somebody will get the job, with, or without any votes..... the job is there... and someone has to do it... giving us the choice of those persons won`t make a bit of difference... it is an "ESTABLISHMENT" type of job... some wise guy invented it.... ( copy from the U.S. ) and now wants to "establish" it...
Yawn Yawn Yawn....
mikko
Grafter

Quote from Hairy Biker:
OK I give up what are you voting for, not heard about any polls round here

Something to do with the police I think.
Fixes: 176

It depends what I'm up to tomorrow. If I'm available I might go and vote but won't make a special effort.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Nope - for the reasons given in the opening post
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Also 'no' for the reason given in the first post along with the following reasons,
1. The Salary paid to the post holder plus perks.
2. The majority of those applying are members of a political party and will be influenced by the local party's views.
3. Anyone standing has to find a considerable sum of money to fund publicity etc which means the average guy in the street is excluded.
When you hear the names of some people who are applying such as John Prescott it hardly gives you confidence in the idea
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Agree with the above but not voting won't stop some useless bugger getting the job and the salary - at least we have the chance to decide which useless bugger gets it (maybe there's one who's a tiny bit less useless than the others.
We have an independent who actually sounds like he wants to do it for the right reasons so I might vote for him if only to keep the main party gravy train jumpers out.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

It will be interesting to see how long before one of the new commissioners flexes his muscles and picks a fight with the Chief Constable Undecided