cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used bargainhardware.co.uk?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Anyone used bargainhardware.co.uk?

I'm looking at buying one of their multiple core processor server towers as my main PC.
Now on their ebay page the HP XW6600 is £284.99
On their own website I can't get it lower or matching their ebay at all. Despite ebay taking ebay and paypal charges, it's apparently more expensive to buy from them direct  Crazy For the exact same barebones (2x processors @ 2.83GHz, 16GB ram) it is
£288.99 on their own site. When I say that I mean processor #1 is £36 yet processor #2 (identical) is £60  Shocked
Adding the second processor to the unit is obscure too since they charge MORE for the second unit than they did the first - which seems rather odd.
Anyone ever used this company and have any feedback?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Anyone used bargainhardware.co.uk?

might be worth having a look at the feedback, on ebay....
99.6% and 6 negatives in the last month along with 11 neutrals...  even worse when you go back 6 months ....

(on the other hand ........ )
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

never heard of them altho im having a good look to see how much cheaper they actully are.... aint noticed a massive saving yet.
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Compared to some shops they are a lot cheaper - you're lucky to find a dual processor unit for some of those prices and the machine i'm interested in has eight cores - four on each processor.
I rang them up and he did admit that the prices were a bit screwy compared to their ebay prices and openly admitted that he had no idea how that worked but he did say that the second processors price is higher because of the second heat sink. When i pointed out that presumably this was still incorporated into the ebay price he was a bit stumped and offered to knock off £20 from their website price. Tempting as that is, I find myself thinking that perhaps the paypal guarantee may be the better option here and then find my own components for the rest of it.
Still mulling it over.. I really need to upgrade and i do like the idea of having numerous cores and a large amount of ram as it will be pretty future proof but i'm still a bit undecided about using a company that has such an odd pricing strategy. I did mull over just buying the one processor which would still be four cores and then coming back to it for another processor in the future as a cheaper upgrade for power rather than another machine.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!