cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone short of a few quid......

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Anyone short of a few quid......

It`s been a bit boring on here to day... so I thought I would cheer you all up.....

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

-- 
Attn:

I urgently need a reliable and trust worthy partner to assist me receive and invest $8 Million USD (Eight million United States
dollars). Percentage is highly lucrative. If you are interested, Please kindly contact me directly in the email ASAP.

for question and more details, please reply through this email address. (joeldavda AT yahoo.com)

Thank you for your Co-operation.

Regards,

Joel David A.

********************************************************************************************
Email linky address changed @ to AT for safety ! ! ...

P.S. If you take him up on his offer... remember to send me a few dollars for my troubles ! ! ! ....

6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Re: Anyone short of a few quid......

Another scam for some sucker Tongue

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

shutter wrote:

It`s been a bit boring on here to day.

Just today? Crikey... i've noticed the last week or two has been slower than most weekends on the old SMF forum.

It's DEAD here at the moment.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

7up wrote:

i've noticed the last week or two has been slower than most weekends on the old SMF forum.

Sorry, I've been outside enjoying the sunshine, leaving t'internet indoors... Grin

tokey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Not sure if you guys have seen 419 Eater before but its pretty funny, example in the link below:

http://www.419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

Basically its a forum that has has been set up for people to scam the scammers.  They keep them on the hook for as long as possible by responding to their emails and letters and try to get them to do ridiculous stuff like getting tattoos as in the link.

Its difficult to feel too much sympathy for people trying to trick money out of charitable institutions especially when they are using world tragedy as their excuse...

A whole library of other examples can be found here:

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@tokey

Thanks for the links, some good reading material there.

tokey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I lost about a weeks worth of work falling down that rabbit hole when I found it @gleneagles

I was trying to find a specific one but didnt have any luck.  Basically the writer pretends to be Derrick Trotter Fine Art Dealer and gets the scammer to send him various heavy wooden carvings (at the scammers cost) all in the hunt for the big payout ie derricks unattended bank account.

Hilariously the carvings were mostly of Wallace and Gromit Cheesy