cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone seen this before?

randpwar
Grafter

Anyone seen this before?

Received the email below sent to the contact address for the local sports association website that I run. I've removed our website name
Att: Home
Notice Number: NCA884764
Please note that the domain (website address) has recently become available for
registration. You are listed as the primary contact for this name, and have been
given first right of preference to register the name.
If you choose not to register (website address) before the deadline of this
notice, this domain may be taken by a 3rd party, and we will not be held liable for
name loss, online confusion, and/or trademark infringements.
To register please visit www.WorldRegistryCenter.com or contact me at 1-866-567-5993
Ex 811.
If we do not get a response by Feb 4, 2011, 5pm EST, we will take it into
consideration that you have no further interest in this name.
If you wish to proceed with registration of this domain, be advised that it is
illegal to post false WHOIS information. Please let us know if your info is
up-to-date.
5 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Anyone seen this before?

what does http://www.who.is show as the details, I had similar recently with whois.com, they are a load of W
David_W
Rising Star

It's an old con, they pretend they are official in the hope you renew your domain name with them.  Your actual registrar should email you when your domain is due to expire.  I'd lodge a complaint with Nominet or whoever is in charge of your TLD as there is precedent for them taking legal action against such emails.
Community Veteran

Chancers, pure and simple. Ignore them.
I have a fair few domains and get these regularly, well before the domains expire and any normal renewal notices appear.
Ellis
Grafter

Don't worry about it. My domains have always been renewed automatically by my Host. If I want to discontinue any I have to give them advanced notice or they are renewed for a further two years. Your domains belong to you and no-one can take them while you pay the registration fee.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I must of got lucky then as I've only ever had one email about any of my domains and that was someone asking if I wanted their web design team to blitz it for me. I ignored it as it's just one I point to another site anyway.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!