techguy
Grafter

Anyone seen Watchmen yet?

Is it any good?
16 REPLIES
scootie
Grafter

Re: Anyone seen Watchmen yet?

its worth watching. bit diffrent from the normal super heros film's .
take it newnet's forums arent any gd then Wink
Fixes: 105

I don't think there are any...
Will Moderate For Thanks
techguy
Grafter

There were at one time but they appear to have been killed off, there wasn't any particularly entertaining discussion on them though.
I have to say though alas I am seeing better performance than I did on BBYW on PN but they don't employ any form of traffic management that can add additional processing overhead and slow stuff down when things get busy (which I probably notice more than most because of the stretched wire that I have for a phone line but the difference is noticeable) so though there isn't the forum dimension to support I'm afraid I wouldn't go back to a traffic managed service again.
Euge
Grafter

Before this film, had any of you guys heard of the watchmen. I for one hadn't. Just wondering but it seems like super hero's is a very American thing, maybe it's wishful thinking that one day they can all sit on their asses and let super heroes sort stuff out.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

>
techguy
Grafter

Yep saw the trailer, added the film to my DVD rental list today so hopefully should get it sometime after it comes out.

I have to say I'd never heard of them either but I was never a comic fan but have now seen several adaptations such as Ghost Rider, Wanted, Batman begins and a few others that cant bring to mind just now and they've all been quite good.
Think there is also a film based on a comic called the Punisher too, a colleague found a trailer a few months ago and it looked quite good.
I used to regularly visit the sites of the major studios and the film trailers section on Apple's quicktime site but haven't done that for a while.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Well Just been Watching Billy Conelly in Canada,  and for a change not a swear word in site, much better than that comic  book for boys stuff
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Quote from: techguy
Think there is also a film based on a comic called the Punisher too, a colleague found a trailer a few months ago and it looked quite good.

There's been two. An eighties version starring Dolph Lundgren that was rubbish and a 2004 version starring Thomas Jane that I thought was pretty damn good!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

It's #1 in the US this week.  taken $55.2m in the week.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, I have the comic too. Alan Moore is a genius.
The film was ace, well worth watching...
...BUT
You will never, ever be able to listen to Leonard Cohen singing 'Hallelujah' again. Ever.
If you're happy with that, then go for it - it's well worth it in my opinion.
(if you have seen it, you'll know what I'm on about... did that scene not go on for FAR TOO LONG?)
techguy
Grafter

Cheers for the feedback, added it to my DVD rental list I'll get it at some point after it comes out.
Community Veteran

Another great movie doing the rounds at the moment is 'Gran Terino'.  It stars Clint Eastwood who also directs and produces it.
Toe other good ones are 'Slumdog' and 'Frost/Nixon'.
techguy
Grafter

definitely want to see Forst/Nixon but slumdog doesn't interest me personally but then again neither did Trainspotting
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Quote from: artmo
Another great movie doing the rounds at the moment is 'Gran Terino'. 

Awesome film!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵