cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone into fast cars?

paulpicks21
Grafter

Anyone into fast cars?

Had a few in my time , started off with a icelle blue evo 6 , then had a french blue evo 7 (in pic) tuned it to 400bhp dam it flew!, also had an evo 6 RS (in pic) and borrowed a 360 for the weekend for free which was nice , jeez that sounded nice with the tubi exhaust!

Sadly I no longer have a fast car , as soon as my daughter was born it put an end to such luxuries lol
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Anyone into fast cars?

My "big" car will do about 175 (mph). Does that count?  Shocked
paulpicks21
Grafter

Hell yeah , that will do! What is it?
Community Veteran

S8 (unrestricted)
I said it was big.  Cool
paulpicks21
Grafter

I really want to get a tasty new audi in the future , had one a while back and it was bang on but I am talking old school!
All the new top of the range audi's are awesome real nice bits of kit  Cool
Community Veteran

Old school V8, not the new V10.
It's "adequate" as RR used to say.  Grin
Fixes: 47

Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I`m happy with my Skoda Fabia 1.9 SDI..... ok, so it doesn`t exactly "fly off the line" when the lights change to green.....  Cheesy
but if you get away from the lights before me, you will only get to the next set of lights a couple of nanoseconds before me, and still have to wait for the green light.....  Sad
Oh yes, and on the motorway, when I am doing the legal 70 mph, and you go flying by at 95 to a ton, I laugh out loud at how much money you have spent on the petrol you are wasting, and on the tin can that is getting you to the next traffic jam only slightly sooner than me.  Roll eyes
Grin Grin Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and nearly got killed by one of those boy racers this week, must have been trying to do 60 on entrance and exit of a roundabout,  got to the traffics lights just as they changed to green and as I was doing 30 beat the idiot away
Denzil
Grafter

I drive a Land Rover with a slightly tired 2.5 non-turbo diesel, which when new produced 68hp, and 114ft.lbs. I can still surprise a few sporty things off the lights, if only for the first hundred yards or so  Smiley.
I have got it up to about 68mph on a dual carriageway on occasion.
David_W
Rising Star

A few years ago when I was younger, I was working in Bristol and had an NS125R, an L reg (so oldish) 125cc motorbike, top speed was around 110mph.  I was working 12 hour shifts so wanted to get home as soon as possible, so at the traffic lights a flash Audi stopped besides me.  Lights turned green and I floored it.  I was doing 100mph before the Audi was able to catch up and over-take me.... I mean 70mph, err.... 50mph, whatever the speed limit was in that area!  I loved that bike and it got stolen Sad
Community Veteran

Well, racing on the public road is stupid (and illegal) anyway, but any knowledgeable car driver will know that almost any bike will be faster away than almost any car.
There's a road near me which has long sections that bikers "enjoy". Driving along it is a nightmare though as they just seem to assume the road will be empty and use all of it yet their braking and cornering ability are generally WORSE than a cars.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

And why do bikers think that the double white line, or hatched area down the middle of the road is there for them to use? 
Don`t they realize they are breaking the law.... 1.... crossing a double white line, and 2 ..... riding in a hatched (safety zone) area..... especially when it is a very long one, it has the same legal standing as a double white line, (I think)
Fixes: 47

I recently filled in a Yougov Poll and one of the questions was:
Do you agree with vehicles being restricted to 80mph
Do you agree with vehicles being restricted to 90mph
Do you agree with vehicles being restricted to 100mph
I ticked 90 to give a safety margin for overtaking but cannot see the point in making cars that can do more.
Unless these cars are used at track days their performance is wasted.
To me a car is a tool not a fashion accessory.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I know very little about cars (everyone in this family relies on public transport), but I can't help being reminded of something I once read about London's trains: that when designing a train for use here, the focus is on fast acceleration rather than high speed, as it's the acceleration that makes all the difference owing to frequent stops at stations. Perhaps a similar idea should be adopted for cars – as as far as I can tell, cars that have fast acceleration are also generally very fast cars, which as you say Strat is completely unnecessary.