cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have or had issues with Hermes Deliveries?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Anyone have or had issues with Hermes Deliveries?

I was expecting some stuff to arrive today from Amazon via Hermes. I got an email in the morning saying that they were out for delivery then later on I got one telling me that my parcel was delivered! Which was a neat trick as I never got it.

On reading the email it said the parcel was

Delivered to a secure location

Now this location is so secure I don't know where it is, and as I got no ticket through the door to tell me where it is, even though we were in all day!

I'm really not impressed as one of the items had been on back order for weeks, and the thing is there's nothing I can do apart from let Amazon chase this up, having said that Hermes will open an investigation on their behalf.

31 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Anyone have or had issues with Hermes Deliveries?

Check your bins, they may be the "Secure location"...

As for issues with Hermes, nope, not had any myself, Yodel and Citylink I have had issues with, but the latter went bust anyway so that made me happy, but since then Yodel seemed to take the lead with terrible delivery (and navigation) services...

Community Veteran

That was the first thing I did check as they are the only places they could have used. Seeing that I never got a card I'm 100% confident that the driver never appeared here. So either someone else has them or ...

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 76

I have had a package go missing after it was put in a 'secure' place. Checked everywhere... nowhere to be found. I contacted amazon and they sent me a replacement pretty quickly. I assume Amazon opened their own investigation but I never heard anything else about it.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Community Veteran

I have to wait until the 24th before I get any options offered to me, but I was told by Amazon (in the Philippines) that they have opened a case and I've not to bother them again as they'll contact me!

Fixes: 158

I had a parcel delivered to me a few days ago by Hermes...at 8:35pm.

The guy appeared to be in a great hurry, thrusting the box into my hands and running back to his van.

The parcel required a signature which he didn't stop to take.

Checking online there was a 'signature' consisting of 3 vertical lines roughly drawn and baring no relation to my own.

Those guys are clearly under pressure to deliver.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 63.0 (64-bit)

GhostDragon
Hooked

Indirectly, we were taking a parcel in for our neighbours, and the tracking said it was coming, coming a bit later in the evening, and then couldn't be delivered.  Absolutely did not come at all on that date, but my neighbours were tracking it, so were we, and I felt like we were at fault because we were no co operating!!!!!! No cards etc left.  However, because we live in a rural area, and I know our delivery driver, I know for a fact they only work days, not evenings.  And of course the parcel arrived in the day time, when they do the area we live in.  I think it is one thing for the driver, and nonsense from the tracking, and this is not the only experience of misleading info I have had via tracking services.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Our local Hermes delivery team is a man & wife couple who purchased a purpose built van for the deliveries. The bloke is okay, but his missus who does the driving is a total danger to pedestrians and other local road users.  At first I thought I might have been over sensitive, but everyone to whom I've mentioned Hermes say something along the lines of "Ahh, the crazy woman."

Oddly enough their deliveries are reliable.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Out of the many hundred times I've used Hermes they only lost one parcel.

There were two others that people insisted were not delivered. One turned out to have been picked up by their parents as they were leaving while they were out.

A more interesting one was left in a "secure location". So I went online and emailed Hermes, as anyone would do for a "customer", to find out the exact location of the "secure location". Turned out it was in a meter box. Can't remember which one but I think they had to lift a lid so it was more of less in a hole. Not one of the wall mounted meter boxes.

Community Veteran

Now that you mention that @billnotben, I too have an LPG meter outside so I’ve just checked it and it remains locked but just in case I opened it and as I suspected, nothing. Worth a try though.

Fixes: 158

I've had a parcel thrown over the garden wall but that wasn't Hermes.....CityLink I believe.

No card through the letterbox but a glance online revealed the parcel's location as 'rear of property'.

As it happened it was bin day so I would have seen it anyway.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 63.0 (64-bit)

Community Veteran

Mook wrote:

Worth a try though.

I also had one that was put under a bush next to their front door. So if................

Funny that the "thrown over the back gate" often seems associated with Hermes.

It does happen to me rarely but it's neck and neck at the moment. One each to RM, Amazon, and Hermes.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Funnily enough about deliveries.

I think I have used Hermes once - but not had a problem with them.

Are they the company who deliver on Sundays? I was shocked when I got a knock on the door on a Sunday and had to sign for a parcel for a neighbour. That was from Amazon I'm sure. I had assumed no delivery companies work on a Sunday?

I took a delivery for a neighbour yesterday who I had never spoken to or known. The parcel was big. Delivery guy said no-one was in, I took it and said he'd put a card through their door. Luckily the delivery label had a mobile number on it, which I assumed was the owner. I ended up texting him, saying pretty much "Hi I'm Alex I live at <house number> from <my road name>, I have a delivery for you".

Person was very good about it replied. We were both out during the day, but he came and collected it in the evening.

No trouble for me - just helping out the neighbours Smiley

Shep41
Aspiring Pro

I've had a few issues with Hermes but yodel are the worst by far. Hermes delivered once well they say they delivered and left a card so the customer service agent told me. They soon backed down when I told them I would send a dvd of the failed delivery as we have CCTV and I took the day off work. . I think all the big named delivery companies have a big group of slapdash couriers that just don't give a toss.
Rant over
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Fair enough @Shep41

I like Yodel, as they are the ones which text you on the day with an hour time slot. That's good as you always get paranoid that if you leave the house (even for 10 minutes) you will miss the knock on the door.

When I ordered something from eBay recently, I had the option to get it delivered to my local Argos. 10 minute bus journey. So I can go there and collect it whenever that day. All I did was show them the e-mail on my iPhone and picked it up.

As Paul Whitehouse once said on the Fast Show, "Brilliant" Smiley