Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had problems with... ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Anyone had problems with... ?

Trusteers Rapport software?
I had a miserable experience last time i tried it and didn't bother this time despite the continuing nag screens from my banks login page.
After months of ignoring it i decided to give it another chance to prove itself. Big mistake.
Within minutes the OS refused to launch any applications and then completely hung. The same happened every time i rebooted too.
Tried to uninstall it, system froze just as i got into the control panel  Roll eyes
Safe mode, tried uninstalling, installer service not running and cannot run in safe mode so no uninstall again.
Many phone calls and arguements later with the bank they still deny any responsibility but nevertheless said they would do their best to get it fixed by getting rapport to ring me ASAP. I've sat here twiddling my thumbs all evening and eventually at 00:30 decided to have another bash at fixing it myself. I've been in and out of safe mode so many times since then it almost drove me nuts but i've eventually fixed it by cheating: i renamed the trusteer program directory to trusteery - stopped windows in its tracks from trying to run it in normal mode. Job done.
So much for the bank who say there is another way and then claim its not their problem that they are promoting this junk. Seriously they claim it can protect you from phishing etc.. what.. by blocking the user from using the computer?  Angry Shocked
Anyone else had any horrors with this? - My OS was reinstalled just over 2 weeks ago and is prety much 'clean' so i'm really annoyed with it and i can't be the only one can i?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Anyone had problems with... ?

No..............But if you install a new instance of a Browser like an upgrade of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Crome you may need to re-install Trusteers Rapport software as the OS and some web pages just 'hang'.
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Anyone had problems with... ?

Downloaded it from HSBC site when they first started doing it and no particular problems.