cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got a spare Ark ? It's going to be wet here tomorrow, very, very wet.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Anyone got a spare Ark ? It's going to be wet here tomorrow, very, very wet.

Tomorrow, Friday 6th July 2012.....

59mm, that's a lot of water, several gallons in fact !
PS: I live on a hill...
At least the Moat will get filled.

(10am is when I normally wander into the nearby Village)

Nearby..
Torrential rain is expected to hit Greater Manchester over the next 48 hours. Forecasters have issued an amber alert for up to 50mm of rain tomorrow.
The rain storm is expected to begin with heavy, isolated showers during rush hour tonight, causing flash flooding and possible traffic chaos.
Thundery rainstorms are expected to continue throughout tomorrow which could cause more serious river flooding.
Forecasters say the rain will be more intense than last month's storms but they expect the storms to move on north and east more quickly, probably during tomorrow evening.
The Environment Agency have issued an advance flood warning for Greater Manchester and are monitoring river levels and rainfall.

(Don't go anywhere near the Manchester Shi* Canal !)
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1582677_weather-warning-flooding-alert-as-50mm-of...
84 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Anyone got a spare Ark ? It's going to be wet here tomorrow, very, very wet.

Please save your surplus water for London rather than letting it flood your houses.  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 121

Re: Anyone got a spare Ark ? It's going to be wet here tomorrow, very, very wet.

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Anyone got a spare Ark ?

Sorry, no, ahh haven't Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Looking forward to a "nice day" tomorrow !  ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2639996?day=1
Cheesy
Community Veteran

I was going to Boulogne for the day for a nice stroll round town, few beers outside in the old town square and a very nice fishy lunch.  Shocked
Trip postponed.  Cry
Community Veteran

No-ah don't have a spare ark, but ah heard of a man who did, that was something to do with a lot of rain as well.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I think there might be a spare one in our town centre:
It sounds like a large boat with many decks on different levels and it's full of goldfish:
It's a multi-storey carp-ark!  Crazy
[coat]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

no rain here.
in fact same almost the same as shutter's weather in Portsmouth
Infinity
Pro

Local Council puts out severe weather warning
The Council has posted the following warning on its website today.
The Met Office has predicted a heavy, prolonged band of rain from the east, which will enter Staffordshire Moorlands this evening and may extend into the High Peak.
Rainfall of between 60 and 70mm is predicted, and it is anticipated that this will result in localised flooding and surface water problems. It is expected that the rain will start in the early hours of Friday (July 6) and, while it cannot be predicted exactly, the deluge is expected to have ended by around 9pm.
People living by water courses should regularly view the Met Office website, and those not already subscribing to the Environment Agency’s Floodline service should do so as soon as possible.
Community Veteran

People living by water courses should regularly view the Met Office website,

or better still....... regularly view the water course .... and the weather outside their window  Cheesy

those not already subscribing to the Environment Agency’s Floodline service should do so as soon as possible.

as this will ensure that the water course will be diverted so as not to cause a problem to those subscribing.........  Roll eyes  (I don`t think so  Grin  Grin  Grin  )
Fixes: 47

I just thought I'd post this picture I took of the top of my local telephone pole October last year.
I don't have a problem with it but thought the background was worth a look....beautiful clear blue cloudless sky....such a rare sight these days around these parts Sad

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Well, that is certainly an "old post" ,...... strat  !  Cheesy
Fixes: 47

It's the only one I've got. Sorry if it's not up to scratch Cry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Looking at this http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ it appears that the worst of the rain has cleared Sheffield
James
Grafter

Doesn't look like it from where I'm sitting!