cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got a Hudl2?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Anyone got a Hudl2?

Thinking og getting her 'indoors' an hudl2.  However, reading reviews,there seem to be a few problems. Anyone have any experience with these please?
8 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Re: Anyone got a Hudl2?

I have had one for a month or so but not made a great deal of use of it so far. So far I have been happy with my purchase. What horrors can I look forward to?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Tesco Hudl 2 review - a flawed, but great value tablet
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/tablets/391081/tesco-hudl-2
Worth reading
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

My Hudl2 was a great purchase. But then it cost eight pounds with the credits we had collected with Tesco  Cool
Good little machine but the battery life is not a patch on my wife's iPad
It's Android so no surprises same functionality as my Samsung smartphone  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

The review I read a couple of weeks ago said it was good machine but the battery life was poor compared to the Hudl 1
Community Veteran

Since its for the missus, and she will only use it indoors the battery issue is not too relevant.
Thanks all, that's her sorted then. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Got one for SHMBO's birthday. Lovely tablet, bit heavy but it is an 8.2" with a decent battery. (not a CH 7" with a c**p one)
Very fast and nice screen
randpwar
Grafter

I’ve got one for SWMBO for Xmas. I looked at the reviews for the likely alternatives (Amazon Fire, Samsung Tab4, HP 8, Lenova etc) and all are within about £40 of each other and the Hudl2 struck me as the best option. Yep, some have said that the battery isn’t great but this isn’t going to be a gadget that she’s going to be attached to for that to become an issue. It’s full KitKat, HD, all apps available and quad core…..what could possibly go wrong?  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

The battery issues were related to not charging when plugged in, mine doesn't have that issue. You need to use the supplied cable though as a "normal" one does slow charging. Same as my LG phone.