cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone for Tennis?

Community Veteran

Anyone for Tennis?

Any tennis players out there?
Just watched some great tennis from Wimbledon to celebrate the inauguration of the new roof on Centre Court.  Fantastic to see Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf playing again.
They certainly needed the roof today with the heavy rain.
Looking forward to next month when the Championships start Smiley Smiley
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 123

Re: Anyone for Tennis?

I yearn for the old days (to me, anyway) of Borg, Conners, McEnroe, Nastase, King, Wade, Navratalova, Cawley, Evert, Court... the list is long.
They had style, talent and charisma. To me, today's play seems to just be about speed of ball - I don't enjoy is as much.
Of course tennis is no longer tennis without Dan Maskell; "Oh, what a peach of a shot!"

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

We get to see some of your players each year in the Blackrock Senior tournament at the Royal Albert Hall.  How long this tournament will survive I don't know.  London now has the Masters at the O2 and I know a lot of people who will be going there instead of the Seniors, me included.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

I was surprised at how low the new roof seemed Undecided
Community Veteran

Yes a few people commented on the roof. The players tried hitting balls up to it and decided that lobbing wouldn't be a problem.  They raised the height of the old court to accommodate the new roof which is were they got the extra seats I guess.
I bet the US Open will be following us now.  Their weather can be as bad as ours during the summer. Sad