cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else with IPlayer issues lately?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Anyone else with IPlayer issues lately?

The last 2 days when trying to watch programs I am getting some that play for 10 minutes or less and then jump to the end screen and show the "Play Again?" screen.  Most are over a week old and yes they are still in the history as playable, so anyone else?
Wondering if its Opera 11 playing up or if its at the BBC end.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Anyone else with IPlayer issues lately?

I've had that happen to me a few times (maybe a dozen times) in the last 6 months.
I think its the BBC, as the way I've solved it (i.e. so that it doesn't just happen again) is to leave the program for a few days and come back to it.
I use Chrome and FF, so if it Opera causing it, it's not alone in causing it.
snozboz
Grafter

I've had that happen to me too in the last 6 months, with radio and TV programmes, though they usually play for longer than 10 minutes for me; they do stop well before the end of the programme though and jump to the end screen showing "Play Again?". 
In almost all cases, I reload the webpage in the browser almost immediately, and start playing from the beginning and this time it plays properly through to the end; of course, I have to guess where the slider was along the bottom to click and drag it to start playing from just before it stopped before, so I don't have to watch everything I'd seen or heard before.  Only once or twice has this reloaded content had a repeat of the problem.
I'd assumed it was an issue with Flash.
BTW, I'm using Firefox 3.6.13 with Flash plug-in version 10.1.102.64 on Mac OS 10.5.8 - I wonder if you are all using the same setup?
idlewis
Grafter

I am using internet explorer and works well with me. I don't know if the issue as well as flash is anti virus software.
Community Veteran

i suspect it is to do with flash.  my version (running in iron) would play nicely for a few hours, then the sound would go wierd, or the picture jerky.  usually closing and reopening the browser is sufficient corrective, but occasionally i have to log out and back in to fix it.