cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems with Yahoo.com?

ChrisDancer
Dabbler

Anyone else having problems with Yahoo.com?

At the moment I can't access any webpage in the yahoo.com domain, eg. yahoo.com, answers.yahoo.com. All other sites seem to work ok.
Same thing in Firefox and IE. The browser seems to find the page then says "loading..." forever.
Same happens on my desktop and my wireless netbook.
Is anyone else seeing this or is it my router playing up?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Anyone else having problems with Yahoo.com?

Just googled  < answers.yahoo.com >  clicked on the title.... site page came up straight away....  no problem.
Fixes: 104

Working here OK
Will Moderate For Thanks
ChrisDancer
Dabbler

Interesting... I tried switching the router off and on. I can now access yahoo.com.
Which raises the question - why would it take a dislike to one particular domain? Weird.
Fixes: 104

i often take a dislike to Yahoo Wink Cheesy
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

All ok here but for future reference, bookmark this site:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
It will test the site for you so you know if its just your connection or the site is actually down.
Quote from: dvorak
i often take a dislike to Yahoo Wink Cheesy

I've been through yahell many times however their email service is second to none if you'll excuse the accidental "we let this one through on purpose because we make money from it" spam that gets through. Better features over gmail such as disposable email addresses that you can delete when you don't want them anymore and you have unlimited disk space. I have just under 20k messages stored in my yahoo email. What it doesn't do very well is filters / rules. No automatic forwarding, no pop access despite other users having it which I think is unfair. Years ago yahoo decided to make smtp/pop a premium service and withdrew it from many of us. They then tried to sell it back to us as an upgrade. I refused to pay for what they had taken away from me. Years later gmail crops up and offers the whole caboodle which suddenly prompts yahoo to have a wild rethink over it. They suddenly decided to give pop/smtp access back to new users to encourage them to sign up yet those of us who they'd taken it away from and refused to cough up cash were still left without.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!