cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting these "REFUND" calls?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Anyone else getting these "REFUND" calls?

I have had 2 in the past couple of days. Automated calls saying I am due a refund, the amount of which will drop the longer I keep from claiming it. Now it doesn't state what the refund is for etc. I haven't left them long enough to listen to the whole call though. I just press the BLOCK button on my call blocker (they are getting through 'cause they are using REAL numbers)
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Anyone else getting these "REFUND" calls?

pretty much daily on both home and mobile phone..
spoke to a person once who didn't believe that I'd never taken PPI, told him not everyone was a complete moron and could read...
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Thought they were cracking down on this type of thing, some guy was fined thousands of pounds as his company did nothing other than make these automated calls, for every call where someone responded this earned him some money from the company who agreed to his making the call.
Fortunately I rarely get any of these type of calls, very rare I answer the phone and usually let the answerphone pick up a message, a return call costs me little due to the type of contract i have with Plusnet !
Razer
Grafter

Yes, I've had a couple, and one which made me laugh. It didn't start with a recorded message, it was a person straight away. The guy asked for Mr [Previous Occupant]. I said "Sorry, that person no longer lives here." He then proceeded to say "Oh, well, are you the master of the house, because you're due a refund on the [blah, blah, muffled, muffled] purchase you made recently. Do you remember purchasing that?"
Yes, I certainly do remember, I went to the trouble of having it delivered in plain packaging to save me any embarrassment. Wow, he must have been psychic, knowing that I've only just bought a blah, blah, muffled, muffled. I should have said to him "Yes, and I'm really unhappy that the batteries don't last very long and it's not as big as it looks in the picture."
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Yep I used to get a LOT of PPI calls, till I got the call blocker, but this is more generic (to start with anyway).
A well just keep pressing the button and blocking them  Grin