cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting hassled by talk talk?

Euge
Grafter

Anyone else getting hassled by talk talk?

I've had two visits from salesman for talk talk in the last month. I just had another one today and it's infuriating especially since they tell me I can have broadband for free and that there are no restrictions. They don't seem to like it when I call them liars and that nothing comes for free.
Also after telling them that I am achieving the highest speeds I can being 3.5km from the exchange, they still want to do a line check. I'm too polite to tell them to eff off but they're really pushing it.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Anyone else getting hassled by talk talk?

They must be getting desperate for you to have had two visits. The only time that I have had anything to do with them is in the supermarkets near the checkouts. If they accost me I just tell them that TT couldn't connect my line to their system a few years ago - load of hassle and I never found out why. Force 9 had broadband up and running in one week. The other thing they don't tell you is the possible cost incurred if you want to switch back to BT or another provider after the 18 month contract has expired. Also, the support can be pretty dismal although from what i have read it has improved of late.
I have a polite little notice on my door now asking salespersons not to knock or ring the bell, particularly gas/electric ones because we have been plagued with them in the past.
Community Veteran

I never answer the door to unexpected visitors - let alone salesman - even if I did I would never engage them in conversation - so I suggest people just send these people away.
acr
Rising Star

When I had a TalkTalk salesman knock on the door (shortly after my exchange was LLU'd) asking whether I would like to join them I just said "you must be joking, they have a terrible reputation for customer service". He did not try and refute it and that was the end of the conversation.
Community Veteran

Just tell them that you have a business line installed.. they can't touch you then, and they know it  Wink
Fixes: 105

Surely you're not suggesting he lies... that would be stooping to their level Grin
Will Moderate For Thanks