cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody used Spares 4 Appliances?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Anybody used Spares 4 Appliances?

I ordered a replacement fridge door switch last week, expecting it to be delivered in a couple of days.
After a week I checked and the order is sitting at :-
Order Status: Payment Received: We have received payment for your order, and will be processing your order to begin the despatch shortly.
Order Placed: 24th September 2012

Now I tried emailing them, they made it difficult by adding a please to the end of the address, no answer, so I tried the online contact and got this answer:-
Your Order: 311463 has not been Dispatched as we are unable to due to non-payment. We are yet to receive Payment for your Order, until we receive payment your order cannot be shipped out to you.

Now I paid by paypal and have the receipt from them and the order clearly says PAID, so what is going on thereHuh?
26 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Anybody used Spares 4 Appliances?

Suggest you contact Paypal... either to confirm they have processed the payment to them,..... or to refund it back to you...
Fixes: 125

I don't think I've ever used PayPal to purchase other than from eBay but doesn't someone have to actually accept payment at the receiving end and, if so, perhaps this has not been done?
As Shutter says, contact PayPal within the 45 days.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I only used paypal as it saved me putting in my card details for £2.
I will contact pp and see what they say, but the fact their order shows paid and they say they haven't raises some issues.
Update issued a PP dispute so will see what they say now. I paid by bank transfer to paypal and they say every things fine. Lips are sealed
Community Veteran

They have now changed the order status
Order Status: Payment Failed: Your payment has failed. Please contact us for further information or to advise us of new payment details.
But paypal says paid OK.
Smells fishy.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Sounds very dodgy mate. Steer clear.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Keep PayPal updated with all the info you get from them  (as above), and suggest that you are concerned about their intentions to supply, and that you would prefer to have an instant refund, as you need the money to purchase from another (more reliable) supplier.
Community Veteran

Interesting that in the week since I ordered it at £1.35+99p it has jumped to £5.29+£1.95 and is oos!.
I have raised the paypal to a dispute so will see what they say.
Unfortunately I cant find the product elsewhere  Cry
Its a door switch for a Tricity Bendix fridge (this is there link http://www.spares4appliances.co.uk/refrigeration-spare-parts-c11/various-refrigeration-parts-c1261/t...)

Couldn't find any address for them on their site and just an 0872 number for contact.
Saynoto0870 had an alternative number (01702 414944) listed.
Dunno about you but I would avoid any company that didn't have a geographical address if possible.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

I was going with the froogle reviews that said it was ok.
I think I will have to do some lateral thinking and build a switch since I can't get one. This one used the push button to press the door, when the door opened the extension released the button and the light came on, but the switch burned out (On a 15W bulb!)
I think a magnet and a reed switch might be the way forward!
Rich
Grafter

Personally, wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole.  I won't deal with any company that wont provide a 'real' address (i.e. not just a PO Box), & email address (i.e. not just a 'Contact Us' web form).  Also did anyone else notice their FAQ page?  It states "Please contact us about our FAQs." !!!

Their Returns Policy breaks a few rules:
You have the right to return your order within 7 days after the date of delivery and no later than 14 days from the date of invoice whichever is the shorter.  You are responsible for the safe return of any unwanted item(s).

That is plain wrong. You have 7 days starting the day after receipt to tell them you you are returning the items. There is no stipulation on when you must return the goods but they must refund you by 30 days.
Your payment will be refunded for unused goods; delivery charges are not refundable unless the item is damaged, faulty or wrongly sent by us.

They have to refund all delivery charges.
The charges and Refund Procedure look more to be a stealth restocking fee which is also against the DSR

BryanP
Grafter

Paypal disputes are only for E Bay purchases
They are not interested in non e bay purchaes
I know because I have been in the same position as you
Why because paypal is owned and run by e bay
Community Veteran

I haven't raised a pp dispute over a non ebay item before but I assume they have to obey the rules like everyone else. Since it was paid by DD they have to comply to the banks regs on DD's.
If I don't get a reply from them I will complain to my bank about the DD and non receipt of the item.
EDIT:
From their help files:=
You can open a disputeA buyer asks for a seller's help in resolving an issue with a transaction. in the Resolution CentreLocated in My Account, the PayPal resource for resolving issues between buyers and sellers. to contact a seller directly and resolveA buyer and seller come to an agreement and close the case, or PayPal comes to a decision and closes the case. a problematic transaction. You have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute. Common reasons for opening a dispute include:
    You paid for an item but haven't received it and the seller is uncooperative or nonresponsive.
    You received an item that was significantly different from how it was described.

There is NOTHING about EBAY only.

I have just ordered a micro switch to replace the faulty switch, hopefully I will be able to fit it into the original housing.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I wonder if Trading Standards might be interested? (where's hulls when you need him?)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)