cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else use Samba mobile?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Anybody else use Samba mobile?

Just trialling SM for my (limited) mobile data needs.
Been a member since the 5th and have got 1.2Gb of free data by "watching" ads.
Some days I find them very thin on the ground, like last 3 days only about 3-4 ads to "watch"
NB I put watch in "" as I don't really watch them  Grin
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Anybody else use Samba mobile?

Yes.... I use it.... I have managed to rack up  6.4Gb of credit since just after christmas.... when I started....  really thought it would be good for me when I go away from home for the annual hols... when I used to pay £10 for 1 Gb on 3 mobile.... but never used that much in a fortnight !....
Now looking for somewhere to go for a couple of months just to use up the credit !....
Like you  I don`t "watch" the ads.... usually rack them up during my surfing time. at home....  and that  saves using the credit when "mobile" to top up again...
So far, I think I have used less than 500 mb... but it has been reliable,... if a little slow.... but then it is "dial up" wifi... best of all...it really is FREE..even though my sim card cost me £5.
Community Veteran

I got mine through MSE for £1, so £1/1Gb is good value so far.
Since the credit doesn't expire I will keep topping it up then when I do use it  Shocked
I had 5-7Mb when I last used my dongle in Yorkshire, but the speed dropped like a stone at night when it could connect but that was a few years ago.
Picked up a "mifi" type device on ebay to share my dongle between my l/t/tablet/phone so that when I use it I get full use from it  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Never actually done a "speed test" on my Samba Mobile .... just an "observation" on the  time for page loading etc...  Will try to remember to do one next time I`m on it !..
Community Veteran

That was a download of a file I needed, it was quicker than my home at that point  Angry