Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions for a suitable noise

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Any suggestions for a suitable noise

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article7115259.ece

The vision of tranquil modern cities, with inhabitants gliding by silently in electric cars, may be shattered by European plans to introduce artificial warning sounds to the new generation of zero-emission vehicles.
Each manufacturer may be permitted to provide its own “signature tune”, with the regulation simply setting a minimum volume to prevent pedestrians, cyclists and especially blind people from stepping into the path of battery-powered cars.
Some manufacturers are likely to opt for an engine noise while others are considering adopting the noises of spacecraft from science fiction films, such as the podracers from Star Wars.
I thought of this one Only click here if you aren't easily offended   although it would be really impressive going along to the Star Wars Theme
7 REPLIES
Teds31
Grafter

Re: Any suggestions for a suitable noise

Cheesy Cheesy  shall we all have to drive round with our radios on at full blast. ted
Community Veteran

like this was a problem when we had milk floats and is still a problem with lekky shop mobiles.  aren't modern vehicles equipped with a warning horn? 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

along to the Star Wars Theme

Off topic:-
Used to have a parrot that I taught the 'star wars theme', used to start it off by whistling the first two notes......then it wouldn't stop Undecided.
One of my 'birding' friends reconed he could recognise any bird by its call..................... that was one he didn't get.

(yesterday was Star Wars Day..........May the 4th)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just seen Nigel Kennedy on the BBC one show trying to play an electric skeleton fiddle, atrocious in my opinion, then he did a space bit, much better,  either would serve as a warning
SRD
Grafter

He was on Radio 4's 'Front Row' this evening.  I can't understand why he can't see that he's crap at Jazz, World, Folk etc. when he's so good at Classical, his interpretation of the Walton and Elgar violin concertos rank in the very top file but he just doesn't have the feel (or soul) for folk based music (OK that's an argument in itself, as Scholes puts it 'Classical music couldn't exist without folk song and dance.').  I think it's all part of his personal battle to try to distance himself from his middle class roots.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

apparently he has a Polish wife and lives in Poland, the current members of his group are all Polish
SRD
Grafter

So let him play Szymanowski or Lutosławski.