cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any builders or planning people on here?

All4One
Grafter

Any builders or planning people on here?

To keep it short...
Our neighbours have erected a side extension which is now up to the boundary fence. It's within the 3metre permitted development.
One large kitchen window now looks over into our land and is closer to our kitchen window. Should this be obscured glass as so close?
Also, if we want to extend which we will, could we hit any right to light issues (as we are physically sat higher) or do they have no right to light if property is less than 20 years old?
Another example is....I could have put a shed on my land but that would completely block that window now...how do I stand?

Cheers for any feedback. I contact council, they said they won't get involved if no planning, to which I just asked if there was any ruling etc, they just said send an email to which I did and awaiting response.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Any builders or planning people on here?

When you say side extension do you mean a brick built extension ? If so it would need footings that were wider than the actual wall which would come under the fence if the extension is up to your fence .?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

you would have to ask your local planning officer for a proper answer as anything else is all conjecture Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/ is fairly informative
You can also check online the application of your neighbour's to see what they applied to do/what was allowed etc.
All4One
Grafter

There is no online planning as it's within 3 metre side extension for permitted development.

I've had response from council saying that it is receiving attention.
Cheers for further links Smiley
All4One
Grafter

Glen eagles, the footings were also close to the fence. The extension is different angle to the fence so the back corner where our houses are closest, the building is probably 8 inch to the fence roughly